Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
We work in a fast-paced industry where intelligent, data-driven decisions and prioritization are key to a successful business. As part of Salesforce's investment in data science, the Machine Learning Apps team is building the infrastructure and predictive models for machine learning algorithms to support sales teams in making smart decisions and having a more accurate outlook for the future.
This role requires a healthy mix of development in Java on Salesforce's stack and AWS, as well as a good understanding of fundamentals of data science and machine learning. Beyond pure development, the team collaborates with data scientists to create predictive models and performs feature engineering to improve them. The successful candidate will join a cross-functional team of very talented engineers who share a passion for solving challenging problems, writing high-quality, scalable software that will be exercised around the clock, stay on the cutting edge of machine learning and data science and having fun as a team.
* Think out of the box and figure out what recommendations make most sense for the sales rep. Try various strategies, learn from the usage and iterate to produce a product that will really help the sales reps.
* Work closely with other engineers, architects, data scientists, QEs and operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs.
* Research, design and develop highly scalable web applications and web services.
* Research, design and develop predictive models for machine learning algorithms
* Practice pair programming with a peer to not only develop but also execute on quality related tasks like code reviews, unit tests, functional testing, automation of functional and performance test cases to ensure that the features is delivered with highest quality.
* Resolve fairly complex technical issues and drive innovation that improves user engagement, system availability, resiliency, and performance.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other relevant discipline
* At least four years of experience in software design and development in a professional environment
* Highly proficient in Java or a similar language
* Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming
* Self-motivator, who can work independently, able to learn quickly, meets deadlines and demonstrates problem-solving skills.
* Effectively communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
* Experience with agile development methodology
* Experience with developer tools like git, Maven and Eclipse IDE
* Good understanding of relational databases and SQL
* Basic understanding of machine learning concepts and algorithms
NICE TO HAVE
* Experience with AWS
About salesforce.com: Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.