Senior Software Engineer
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Enterprise team great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Their main duty will be to scope, develop, configure and deploy revenue-generating customized software solutions for Nuance Outbound clients. This position will work within the Professional Services Development group.
The Professional Services Senior Software Developer is responsible for developing customized applications for clients, and will also be involved in technical scoping, estimation, work directly with clients, and supporting production applications.
This role will act as a technical mentor to Software Developers. This may include interviewing, training, conducting code reviews, acting as an escalation point for technical issues, coordinating technical teams on project work, and acting as a bridge to other teams.
Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
We are looking for someone with outstanding client focus, who loves to solve problems, has a strong desire to innovate, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5-7 years
* 5 - 7 years of software development experience in Java or Scala
* Strong object oriented design experience
* UNIX/Linux operating systems experience
* Database design, experience with Oracle databases
* Experience with enterprise technologies such as JBoss, Spring, SOAP, and Camel
* Experience building scalable solutions
* Previous experience working with Voice/Speech application a huge plus, but not required
* Previous experience working in a fast paced & dynamic Professional Services environment a huge plus
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering