Senior Software Engineer, Server-Side
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
R3428 Senior Software Engineer, Server-Side (Open)
Job Posting Title:
Senior Software Engineer, Server-Side
Responsible for planning, prioritizing, organizing and performing technical work and ensuring the integrity of significant and diverse projects; provides signification input of the analysis and conceptual design of proposed projects, utilizing professional experience in the development of specifications, design parameters, and alternative solutions; assists in determining the technical direction for implementation of projects; coordinates design activity with other programmers on technical aspects relating to the project; proactively spreads knowledge within the team and demonstrates software development best practices within projects, typically as a require lead of multi-person product development projects (this works is across all sub-disciplines of software and systems engineering, including: requirement development, product design, software estimation, software design, software construction (coding), software test, software performance measurement, software product information creation and performing software maintenance)
Analyzes requirements and writes software requirements and design specifications for projects of large and complex scope; may act as a technical lead in design and development activities; acts as key contact for integrity and quality of technical work on significant projects; participates in determining feasibility of proposed projects and the overall plan for implementation
- Design and implement RESTful web services that can be consumed by various internal and external clients
- Work with other team and team members to clearly define integration endpoints to maintain modularity among various components
- Understand underlying Spring/Hibernate implementation surrounding transactions and AOP, fix issues and provide suggestion on improving the implementation
- Adhere to development best practices like test driven development, code reviews as well as relevant documentation of implemented features
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+/5+ years of OO Programming (Java preferred) experience
- Extensive knowledge of Spring, Hibernate, Jersey, JAX-RS, Tomcat
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented design, data structures and design patterns
- Strong knowledge of relational database systems like Microsoft SQL server, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of various XML and JSON parsers like Moxy, Jackson
- Knowledge of version control systems, bug management tools as well as feature tracking tools like Jira
- Ability to multi task. maintaining composure in high pressure situation
- Communicate and articulate requirements and designs to other team members
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.