Senior Software Engineer, Services (Digital TV)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Red Bull Media House North America
Santa Monica, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAREAS THAT PLAY TO YOUR STRENGTHS
(ALL THE RESPONSIBILITIES WE\'LL TRUST YOU WITH)
* Location Santa Monica, California, United States
* Schedule Full-time
* Organisation Red Bull Media House North America
* Work With Product Management, Lead Architect And Internal Stakeholders To Help Shape Requirements And Technical Design Of Red Bull TV s API/services
* Help with the definition and implementation of system architecture, patterns and overall technical design to ensure that requirements are met with forward looking and scalable technical solutions
* Influence all relevant technology decisions including choice of languages and frameworks, 3rd party components (build vs. buy), etc.
* Support the mentoring and expansion of development team
* Work with lead architect to ensure the efficient use of modern development paradigms and technologies
* Ensure the regular release of working, high quality software (ship code)
* Create and maintain continuous integration test suites
* Implement highly scalable, reliable, extensive and maintainable code that supports large scale enterprise applications
* Enable the continuous and scalable addition of new platform components as needed to support an evolving business model and changing stakeholder requirements
* Contribute to every phase of the product development cycle (design, development, testing and iteration)
* Stay on top of the latest innovations in software technology to inform platform features and functionality
* Establish Red Bull Media House as a respected technology-driven media business by building relationships with leading technology companies, innovative startups and industry insiders
YOUR EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
(PROVEN PERFORMANCE IN)
* * 5+ years of experience building scalable software services in fast-paced and distributed environments within a growth-oriented organization * * Proven track record of creating distributed, scalable, service-oriented web based services * * Expert in understanding of modern agile software development * * Relevant Tech: * o Test driven development * o Full stack web development * o Asynchronous Java development (Java.rx) * o JVM based languages (Scala, Clojure etc) * o Tools like Vagrant, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker etc * o Polyglot environments (e.g Vert.x) * o AWS (EC2) * o Non-relational DB (e.g. Couch, Mongo) * * Proven ability to deliver high quality, production ready code * * Creative thinker and innovator
Red Bull North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.