Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Sioux Falls, SD
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT) has an immediate need for an energetic and dynamic Senior Software Engineer at its Sioux Falls, SD location. SGT, headquartered in Greenbelt Maryland, is the primary contractor to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) for performing work at the Earth Resources Observation and Science (EROS) Center near Sioux Falls. The multidisciplinary staff, in partnership with NASA, uses their unique expertise in remote sensing-based science and technologies to carry out research, data acquisition, information access and management and archive preservation to provide satellite ground imagery data to users and science organizations around the world. This effort represents the world's longest continuously-acquired collection of space-based moderate-resolution land remote sensing data with over four decades of imagery.
The Senior Software Engineer's role is to develop and maintain software throughout the software lifecycle (requirements analysis through maintenance); analyze and interpret technical data using statistical and mathematical methods and techniques; analyze system and user requirements and generate software requirements; develop preliminary and detailed software designs; develop software code from designs; develop test plans and procedures, test data, and test routines; perform all software maintenance activities necessary to maintain/enhance existing software systems; work under limited supervision.
* Communicate and coordinate activities and technical status with the Software Engineering Lead, Systems Engineer, and other Project team members, as appropriate.
* Ensure all software activities are conducted in accordance with the Software Development Life Cycle.
* Provide support for software planning including software requirements definition, activity identification, and estimating.
* Perform and document preliminary and detailed design of components making up a software product.
* Perform code development for assigned tasks.
* Develop and conduct unit testing.
* Document the testing effort through generation of test plans, procedures, and reports.
* Capture software metrics.
* Submit, analyze, and manage configuration change requests in accordance with established Configuration Management (CM) processes.
* Ensure proper process is followed and documentation is properly maintained.
* Participate in peer reviews.
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
* Knowledge of software engineering methodology.
* C/C++ knowledge.
* Relational database knowledge (PostgreSQL).
* Unix/Linux experience.
* LDAP client libraries
* Zend Framework 2
Education: Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
Experience: Four years of experience in a Software Engineering environment or a Master's Degree in a related field
Candidates must have strong technical knowledge, excellent communication skills, and a teamwork emphasis. Candidates must also be able to integrate into a highly-skilled Information Technology Team.
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire to obtain a badge for facility access and user accounts.
This position will be posted to the career opportunities listing on the SGT website (http://www.sgt-inc.com).
This position may be filled by a SGT teammate on the TSSC Contract. Please apply on line.
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.