Senior Software Engineer, XenApp on Azure
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
R4464 Senior Software Engineer, XenApp on Azure (Open)
Job Posting Title:
Senior Software Engineer, XenApp on Azure
Who are we?
The Citrix Microsoft Solutions team, based out of Redmond, WA, is a fast growing team that delivers joint technology solutions by extending the value of Citrix products offerings through tight integration with the Microsoft cloud and mobility platforms (such as Microsoft Azure and System Center). Our team culture is a unique blend that combines the structured vision and process maturity of a well-established software company with the dynamism and vibrancy of a small startup. We believe that great engineers are the core foundation for building a great company.
What is our mission?
Our team's strategic priority for 2016-17 is to build XenApp and XenDesktop as a service on Microsoft Azure - the world's most scalable, elastic and powerful cloud. This entails an exciting journey to completely transform our flagship on-premises based virtualization products into a cloud based offering. Whether it's efficient machine provisioning, scalability, metering, performance monitoring, power operations, diagnostics, disk/IO management or network/bandwidth optimization - the problem space that the cloud brings for us is vast and varied. With complex problems to solve come tremendous opportunities to learn, collaborate, innovate and help not only Citrix grow but grow as individuals.
We’re currently looking for a Software Development Engineer to join us on this exciting journey. Click here to learn more about this team.
What it means to you…
You will be working closely with other engineers to conceptualize ideas, research into, prototype and then create a finished solution, collaborating closely with Microsoft developers on a regular basis. Here is what you will be expected to do:
- Interface with SMEs and Program Managers to understand requirements and develop proof of concept (prototypes) and help with new product research
- Lead and design specifications for features and the overall plan for implementation
- Design and implement backend business logic for new features
- Design UI elements and translate them into code
- Be current on the latest programming language paradigms.
- Embrace best practices and coding standards (e.g.: code reviews, logging and instrumentation, unit tests) within the team
- Compose and maintain design and component documents
- Understand and troubleshoot field issues. Diagnose customer problems through systematic root cause analysis. Institute preventive measures
What do we look for?
- Programming experience – can be any language C, C++, C#, Java, Python
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Desire to solve problems with creative software solutions
- Good understanding of operating systems
- Demonstrated experience implementing moderately complex software
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Azure or a public cloud is desirable
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, Experience)
- BS degree or equivalent in computer science or related field. MS degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 years relevant work experience including internships and other applicable employment background in the technology field.
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.