Senior Software QA Performance Engineer, Cloud Services (Norton IoT)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 1/14/2017
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs a leading Fortune 500 Technology & Security Company, Symantec already protects more than a billion IoT devices, putting Symantec among the biggest providers of IoT security today, and first to deliver a comprehensive security reference architecture for how to build-in security to make your IoT systems secure by design. IoT security is a complex problem requiring both breadth and depth of security experience. Symantec brings an unrivaled breadth of leading security solutions for device protection, encryption, authentication, key management, and code signing. Symantec also has unmatched depth in security expertise from monitoring, analyzing and processing more than 10 trillion security events per year worldwide for Symantec s Global Intelligence Network.
This particular team is building an exciting new product to extend Norton Security to everything connected in the consumer home. With IoT, the number of connected devices is growing at an exponential rate. While, these new devices offer a new range of possibilities, they also are increasing the attack vectors for the hackers exponentially. These devices collect a lot more sensitive personal data. Securing these devices and the personal information has never been so crucial. The team is building disruptive next-gen IoT security applications and product experience that encompass hardware, software, mobile apps and services.
Also, this team is empowered for complete autonomy and ownership. It functions independently to find creative, bold & innovative solutions to solve some of the most complex problems in the IoT space.
We are looking to leverage a sharp, passionate & experienced Principal Software QA Engineer for Cloud Services to support the build and protection of the next generation of connected devices. These engineers will work with a team of world-class security experts to secure the connected consumer homes. These engineers will be part of a team of ninjas within Symantec, who are focused on building innovative & disruptive applications in the Internet of Things space. The team operates like a startup within Symantec.
DESIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
* 8 years of implementing and executing Software Quality Engineering practices.
* 4 years of testing consumer facing Mobile products
* Experience of certifying Mobile Apps and services for both iOS and Android platforms
* Working knowledge of testing and troubleshooting using xCode and Android Development Kit
* Experience of using in-house and cloud services for multiple device testing
* Strong working knowledge of Client/Server technologies
* Experience with wireless/network technologies and devices.
* Working experience of testing REST or SOAP APIs
* Experience in programming languages Python, Perl, Shell and Java, e.t.c.
* Excellent understanding of Unix/Linux Operating System
* Experience of load and performance testing.
* Excellent understanding of Agile software development life cycle and validation processes
* Excellent communication skills
* Knowledge of tools like Jenkins CI, JMeter and various open source tools
* Experience in wireless domain
* Experience in security domain
* CSTE Certification
* Product / Solutions Lab environment experience for Mobile Apps and Devices (Enhances Candidacy)
If you are passionate about building great products and are looking to join a high-performing, hyper-productive team? Come join us and be part of a team that is being built as a Startup" within Symantec, offering the right blend of the passion
of a startup and the stability of a big corporation.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.