Senior Software Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT THE COMPANY:
Our client is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. Their infrastructure forms the foundation for market-leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location, and deployable wireless communications.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
As a Senior Software Test Engineer you will use Agile software development techniques to test the location based solutions and related components.
* Responsible for solid test methodology skills and practices, excellent troubleshooting skills with a strong eye for detail, agility in picking up new technologies
* Prepare packet capturing and analysis using Wireshark, protocol analyzers such as MGTS, etc.
* Conduct stability testing; Performance testing
* Responsible for device test strategies and test plans/test scenarios
* Setup test environment and develop and execute test scripts
* Participate in the requirements, architecture and design discussions and develop test plans accordingly.
* Detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills
* Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced, changing environment
* Desire to engage in extremely challenging assignments.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* 6-8 years' experience in Unix testing environments.
* 6-8 years' experience Unix/Linux techniques for monitoring/troubleshooting resource utilization
* BachelorDegree in Computer Science or related field.
* Experience with Telecom callflow testing - 2G/3G/4G GSM networks. Familiarity with CDMA networks and experience with Location Based Services is a big plus
* Experience with testing cloud-based solutions (AWS, OpenStack) is a big plus
* Strong Experience working with Unix/Linux shell scripting
* Good knowledge of TCP/IP and Networking and general Unix utilities
* Experience in Writing Test Automation Frameworks and Simulator Development
* Experience with Quality Center, ClearQuest, ClearCase, Perforce
* Experience with Oracle/Sun Solaris, RHEL
* SNMP, NMS, LTE, SUPL, SIGTRAN, SS7, SSL, various ciphers, LDAP,XML, Schemas, DTDs
* Proficiency with at the least one Programming Language (C++,Java, Perl, C# ) is a plus
* Experience with testing using Simulators, Generating test data; Analyzing/Grading outputs
* Exposure to Databases - TimesTen , MySQL, Oracle
THIS IS A FULL TIME OPPORTUNITY WITH OUR CLIENT, THEY OFFER AN EXCELLENT SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE.