Senior Solution Engineer 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Have you experienced the impact an innovative software monetization strategy can have in the traditional & embedded software industry? Are you noticing how many companies are grappling with their customer s overuse of their software licenses? Or how best to optimize maintenance & subscription renewals? How to improve cross-sell/up-sell revenue? Or, how to offer SaaS, virtualization & cloud computing models with minimal risk & cost?
Join Flexera Software, the industry leader in Application Usage Management, as a Senior Solution Engineer and partner with Independent Software Vendors and Intelligent Device Manufacturers to achieve unprecedented business growth, lower costs and superior customer satisfaction.
As part of Flexera Software sales organization, this person will be responsible for supporting the sales team in pre-sales and customer support functions to achieve quarterly revenue targets. This person will position and demonstrate Flexera s FlexNet Producer Suite, identify solutions that meet customer needs, maximize Flexera revenue, and serve as the first technical point of contact for customer and prospect accounts.
* Extensive customer & prospect contact required, both on-site and remote
* Work closely with customers and prospects as needed to reinforce Flexera s product value propositions and demonstrate how our product capabilities can be used to achieve applicable business benefits
* Help the sales team build solution architectures and a buying vision for customers & prospects
* Produce and/or deliver customer-specific demonstrations, technical presentations, pilots & Proof of Concept (PoC), and RFX proposals
* Cooperate with and support 3rd party integrators or consultants who may be involved in the sale
* Educate the sales force in product capabilities to improve self-sufficiency of sales reps
* Communicate with engineering so that customers, sales team and overall business needs are represented throughout the development process
* Other related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* BS Degree (CS or EE or related discipline desired) with 5-7 years of related experience
* Background in a customer facing role working with software publishers &/or device manufacturers on; proof of concept development, customization and integration; functional demonstration; and business presentation
* Understanding of software licensing solutions, entitlement management, electronic software delivery and order processing is a strong plus
* Robust requirements gathering skills; ability to listen to the customer to understand their needs and then communicate those needs more broadly
* Good diagnosis skills; able to help engineering support customer implementation efforts by providing expert, potentially on-site, diagnosis and troubleshooting information
* Consultative selling skills up to 'C' level executives is a plus
* Experience with programming languages such as C and C++
* Strong presentation skills to technical and business audiences (onsite, remote, conference &/or seminar)
* Proven English written and oral communication language skills
* Ability to travel up to 50%.