Senior Solutions Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
Cox Automotive Analytics Delivery seeks a Senior Solutions Architect who is a proven technical leader and an expert in driving big data and analytic solutions.
The Solutions Architect must be capable of leading through all architectural aspects of the most complex and visible technology initiatives. This individual must operate at a level that achieves confidence of internal executives, respect among peers, and implicit trust from internal customers to provide the best possible architectural solutions across Cox Automotive s data applications.
Optimal candidates for this role will thrive in the cross-section of three traditional skillsets: technical solutions architecture, business data analysis, and relationship management.
As the Analytic Solutions Architect, you ll be creating solutions for Cox Automotive business units, performing systems analysis and leading development for a cloud-first, enterprise-scale analytics environment. You ll leverage technologies from AWS and the Hadoop ecosystem like Redshift, EMR, Spark, Kinesis, and DynamoDB to build a flexible, integrated infrastructure that provides Analytics teams with the foundation required for the creation of deep commercial insights and high work productivity. You should be comfortable working independently, and leading within an Agile environment.
Excellent communication skills are crucial as you ll be collaborating with business stakeholders, managers, analysts, engineers and other architects.
* Develop solutions architecture to meet the analytics technology needs of business initiatives
* Lead requirements gathering, systems analysis, and solution design efforts
* Bring architecture knowledge into teams while exposing relevant architectural opportunities
* Mentor and educate technical teams within an Agile delivery environment
* Lead full-lifecycle of complex data processes for structured and unstructured data
* Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities and develop business cases for potential business solutions
* Partner with peer Architects to identify and define enterprise services and components required to support business solutions
* Become a trusted advisor with key internal and external stakeholders
* Promote data ownership and governance practices within partner organizations
* Develop and maintain architecture standards, principles and guidelines
* Define and evangelize best practice design and modeling methodologies
* Maintain familiarity with emerging technologies and architectures
* Create and maintain architecture design artifacts
* Deep knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing concepts and best practices, including data modeling, ELT strategies, SOA methodologies, and data management.
* Strong knowledge and experience in Big Data, Real-time Analytics, Cloud (especially AWS), Master Data Management, Data Governance, Data Profiling/Quality. Predictive Analytics and Data Mining are highly desirable.
* Proficiency in business intelligence reporting systems and data visualization tools such as Discoverer, Tableau, SAS, MicroStrategy, or SFDC WAVE Analytics.
* Experience in working within a scaled Agile environment (e.g., SAFe) and applying lean-agile practices
* 7+ years experience in full development life cycle and significant experience in delivering applications and architecture services in a production environment
* 7+ years experience in the implementation of structured design and architecture processes in a corporate environment.
* 5+ years experience in the design of multi-tiered technology architectures including all facets of design from business analysis to infrastructure sizing
* 3+ years experience in the design of data architectures for distributed data-driven applications
* Experience designing high performance, event-driven, data processing pipelines
* Experience with web applications, mobile applications, service oriented architecture, secure coding principles, BPM, real-time event driven architectures
* Strong, hands-on technical skills and ability to mentor team members
* Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative problem solving skills, ability to listen to and understand needs across diverse stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
* DevOps mentality and the desire to automate processes
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Substantial analytical and problem solving skills
* Able to work independently and manage multiple, complex projects
* MS/BS Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
* Developing for the cloud (especially AWS)
* Data modeling (Logical, physical, normalization, data vault, network)
* Strong SQL and databases (MPP preferred, especially Redshift)
* Designing solutions for data at scale (transformations, rules execution)
* BI reporting and visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Jaspersoft, MicroStrategy, QuickSight, SFDC WAVE Analytics)
* Programming languages (Java, Scala, or Python)
* Experience with Spark (Spark Streaming, Dataframes, Datasets)
* Experience with Hadoop (Sqoop, Flume, HDFS, MapReduce, EMR experience preferred)
* Experience with messaging systems (JMS, AMQP, Kafka)
* Experience implementing a Lambda Architecture
* Experience working in an Agile environment
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-2002 Summit Blvd
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time