Senior Sourcing Specialist - Digital Marketing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Benton Harbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets _Whirlpool_, _KitchenAid, Maytag_,_ Consul, Brastemp, Amana_, _Bauknecht_, _Jenn-Air_, _Indesit_ and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We earn the trust of consumers around the globe by focusing on what matter most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for over 11years in a row.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. The company is host to a variety of employee resource groups, including a Young Professionals Network - a group of more than 700 local members who are active in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and other social activities. A quick 90-minute drive from Chicago, Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17 other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events all year long. Join us in making the most of moments that matter. Additional information about our company can be found at http://www.whirlpoolcorp.com. Follow us on LinkedIn or join the conversation @whirlpoolcorp on Twitter.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a SENIOR SOURCING SPECIALIST, opening to join our INDIRECT PROCUREMENT GLOBAL STRATEGIC SOURCING ORGANIZATION.
DAY TO DAY
In this role, you will develop, support, lead, and/ or manage the development of category strategies, multiple sourcing and process projects, continuous improvement plans, supplier SLA's, etc. You will support/lead national and maybe global procurement initiatives, industry benchmarking, and new ways to improve cash flow. You may also find yourself analyzing spend data to uncover new potential opportunities and leveraging best practices from global counterparts.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Develop collaborative relationships with Business Stakeholders (including senior leadership) and suppliers
* Provide leadership and management for categories and multiple procurement projects
* Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction are accomplished
* Support a BPO model of procurement competencies to manage category activities by:
* Jointly developing and implementing category strategies to drive direction and results
* Managing sourcing projects, key initiatives, and supplier negotiations
* Verifying spend analysis, market insights, SLA's, and total cost of ownership
* Assessing current business and legal risks in existing and or new contracts
* Approving and drafting contracts and/or statements of work between Whirlpool and suppliers
* Building accountability for supplier performance relative to contracted service levels
* Managing supplier pay terms in adherence to Whirlpool policy
* Drive extraordinary results in meeting critical cost savings, quality, and service objectives
* Drive change, compliance, and continuous improvement in the procurement
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
Bachelors degree (Masters Preferred) with graduate or undergraduate studies in Marketing, Procurement, or business related field* 5years minimum procurement / business related experience; services experience desirable
* Preferred candidates will have experience and or knowledge with Marketing related services
* Preferred experience using ERP systems, familiarity with e-sourcing tools, CPIM and/or CPM certifications
* Ability to successfully manage critical projects in adherence to objectives and milestones
* A strong application of strategic RFP processes, supplier management, and other procurement principles
* Successful negotiation experience, contract development and execution
* Ability to understand Whirlpool business environment, requirements, and corporate culture
* Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
* Strong planning, organizational, managing, financial, and analytical skills
* Exceptional interpersonal, motivational, and influential skills to engage business partners
* Strong leadership attributes and decision making abilities
* Strong customer focus with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the business
* Excellent written and verbal communication (English language), with proficient PC related skills
* Pride in working for Whirlpool and maintaining a Spirit of Winning
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.