Senior Sourcing Specialist - Electronics Commodity
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Benton Harbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets _Whirlpool_, _KitchenAid, Maytag_,_ Consul, Brastemp, Amana_, _Bauknecht_, _Jenn-Air_, _Indesit_ and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We earn the trust of consumers around the globe by focusing on what matter most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for over 11years in a row.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. The company is host to a variety of employee resource groups, including a Young Professionals Network - a group of more than 700 local members who are active in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and other social activities. A quick 90-minute drive from Chicago, Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17 other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events all year long. Join us in making the most of moments that matter.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a SENIOR SOURCING SPECIALIST opening to join our GLOBAL STRATEGIC SOURCING organization.
DAY TO DAY
Today, you might be negotiating supply agreements. Tomorrow, you'll be developing Commodity strategies for North America operations as well as aligning them with Global and cross functional category teams. You will present the strategies with Procurement leadership and communicate to critical internal process partners including engineering and product management. You will run RFQs for new projects and lead the supplier selection process. You will be ensuring the technology roadmap and projects align to the overall goals. You will be responsible for delivering supplier quality and cost targets.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* You will be leading and supporting initiatives related to Quality, Cost, Delivery and Development of suppliers and projects for Electronics commodity for assigned product category.
* Develop and manage the business relationship between Whirlpool and assigned suppliers (Contract negotiations / Supplier issue resolution / Supplier cost reductions / Pricing, PO creation and Management)
* Develop the North American region (NAR) purchasing strategy for assigned product category (Sourcing execution / Supplier selection)
* Lead / Support Engineering & Technology needs within assigned category.
* Identify, develop and execute projects for your assigned category space, understanding the financial impact of the activity and the overall impact on Whirlpool financials
* Develop and maintain systems related to supplier performance in addition to key relationships with internal customers (Supplier relationship management)
* Evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, delivery and analyze price proposals, financial reports and other information to determine competitive prices and viable suppliers
* Actively engage in personal development as well as support / coach development of other team members to ensure overall team success
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* A Four-year degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Business related field.
* MBA degree is preferred
* A minimum of 4+ years of Commodity or Procurement experience
* Strong project and time management skills is a must
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple key activities
* Program management to include experience working with engineers is strongly preferred.
* Demonstrated practical use of supplier management and sourcing principles
* Ability to establish and build strong relationships with suppliers and process partners
* Proven negotiation, conflict resolution, and management skills
* Lead development and execution of commodity strategies
* Strong analytical and computer related skills, especially MS Excel and PowerPoint
* Knowledge and use of SAP business explorer preferred
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.