Senior Sourcing Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Alcami is a leading provider of services that encompass the entire process of pharmaceutical drug development from discovery through commercialization. We specialize in analytical chemistry, formulation development, clinical packaging, oral drug delivery and contract manufacturing. The company has experienced significant growth and we have continued to attract the most highly skilled professionals in the industry.
With nearly 1,000 employees operating out of seven sites in the US and Europe, our combined capabilities include API development and manufacturing are worldly recognized. Come join our team!
Located in Germantown, Wisconsin, Alcami is part of the growing southeast Wisconsin biotech/pharma cluster. The area boasts global market leaders in contract pharmaceutical services, and a rapidly growing number of academic incubators. A short drive from Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee, Germantown offers residents a small town quality of life with convenient access to major Midwest cities. Residents enjoy an excellent school district and many local recreation attractions, in addition to national sports teams (Green Bay Packers and Milwaukee Brewers and Bucks), and a vibrant waterfront park community that includes world class art museums and children's museums.
In this position you will play a key role for obtaining complex, high-value materials (chemicals), equipment, services and supplies for the organization. You will manage supplier relationships, evaluate and make recommendations for new suppliers, oversee/conduct site visits and supplier audits as necessary. You will participate in project teams as Supply Chain/Procurement representative ensuring client requirements relative to Sourcing are met.
Key Job Responsibilities
* Develop stable and responsive relationships with internal customers and stakeholders to understand their procurement requirements
* Lead project teams in the identification and selection of vendors through an effective Request for Proposal process
* Responsible for objective assessment of supplier capabilities, selection and performance of suppliers
* Develop RFIs, RFPs and RFQs for utilization in the process of achieving strategic sourcing initiatives for early phase projects and cost reduction goals for later phase projects
* Serve as the focal point for incoming information related to a specific sourcing project
* Identify cost reduction opportunities and facilitate their implementation, including leading the negotiating efforts with suppliers on a per project basis, ultimately contributing to Alcami procurement savings and synergy targets
* Develop and negotiate global or regional contracts with suppliers in collaboration with legal representatives
* Lead contract re-negotiations according to changes in scope and execute contract amendments
* Mediates and facilitates resolution of project-related issues between vendors and project teams
* Develops and maintains awareness of vendor market
* Performs other duties as assigned
Essential Job Requirements
Education and Experience
* BA/BS Degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or related technical field
* Minimum 8 years' experience with progressively increasing responsibility within a pharmaceutical company or leading Contract Research Organization (API industry experience highly preferred)
We invite all qualified applicants to apply. We offer competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunity for advancement.
Alcami is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.