Senior Specialist - Import Compliance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
VWR International, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Provides support to VWR North American operations, other VWR entities and VWR Customers, by assuring that all products intended for import into North America are in full compliance with US, CA and/or MX trade requirements. In addition, provides HTSUS tariff classifications, Country of Origin determinations, Participating Government Agency (PGA) affirmations and other needed trade information. This person also provides assistance on other trade projects such as reconciliation, duty drawback, as well as manages import license(s), permit(s) and certification requirements.
* Reviews all VWR products being imported by VWR North America (and other VWR entities when requested) and provides all pertinent trade information required to be fully compliant with federal regulatory trade requirements.
* Acts as contact and subject matter expert for queries from internal and external customers, third party service providers, including Customs Brokers, US Customs and Border Protection and Other Government Agencies that regulate North American imports.
* Manage 3rd party import service providers, where appropriate, performing routine audits and reviews to ensure reasonable care.
* Advises VWR departments, vendors and customers on necessary documentation and awareness of NAFTA and other Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) regulatory requirements.
* Obtains and maintains other trade related records, data, licenses and certifications, and access to such, as required by all regulatory record keeping requirements.
* Develops plans for closing out audit findings from internal and external reviews.
* Works with Managers to identify and develop global work processes for imports into their respective areas.
* Manages the import ACS Reconciliation program, ensuring timely recon. filings with CBP.
* Participates in the duty drawback program, managing import and export data to maximize duty refunds, where applicable.
Experience & Skills:
* Extensive knowledge of federal import trade regulations, as enforced by various government agencies, including US Customs and Border Protection, Food and Drug Administration, Environmental Protections Agency, United States Department of Agriculture, United States Fish and Wildlife Services and others.
* Experience in application of regulatory requirements, forms, licenses and certifications affecting imported products. Working knowledge/mastery of US Harmonized Tariff Classification.
* Strong communication skills
* Strong MS Office knowledge/experience, in Access, Excel, Word.
* B.S. College degree (preferred) or equivalent experience required.
* Minimum 5 to 8 years Import/Customs Brokerage experience preferred.
* Customs Brokerage License is preferred.
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
* Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit www.vwrjobs.com.
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com.