Senior Staff Accountant - Pro Audio 8/17/2016
Gibson Brands, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Gibson Brands, Inc. the world's premier manufacturer of musical instruments and professional audio equipment, is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to join the
Pro Audio finance team. The Senior Staff Accountant will report directly to the General Manager/Controller of Pro Audio and be based out of Gibson's World Headquarters in beautiful Nashville, TN - The Music City.
The role is responsible for assisting in preparing financial and operating reportsThe Senior Staff Accountant is a key member of the Gibson Pro Audio Finance Team and must be able to effectively manage multiple assignments in a rapidly changing, fast paced environment. , perform the recordkeeping necessary to close the financial period and support audits of such information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to the general ledger.
* Handle month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities.
* Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statements, and other management report deliverables.
* Analyze financial information detailing balance sheet and P&L activities.
* Provides supporting schedules for audit reviews.
* Assists with the development and implementation of new accounting procedures and processes to enhance the productivity, efficiency and workflow of the department.
* Participate in ad hoc cross-functional activities
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
* 3-5 years of manufacturing or general accounting experience.
* Manufacturing and/or consumer products experience preferred.
* Experience with MAS 200, Hyperion, and Great Plains softwarepreferred.
* Solid understanding of GAAP.
* Advanced Excel experience.
* Ability to develop relationships with diverse groups and various levels of financial and operating personnel.
*Gibson offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and paid time off.
NO PHONE CALLS