Senior Staff Designer - Kohler, WI
Senior Staff Designer - Kohler, WI
This position has the opportunity of being located in either Chicago, IL or Kohler, WI.
The Senior Staff Designer will take a lead role in creating innovative concepts, products, experiences, services and human interfaces through the mastery of the design process within the New Product Development and Industrial Design teams. This role is an opportunity to leverage your skills in Interior Design and project manage from initial concept through final design.
1. Lead large and/or complex design projects from concept generation through implementation.
2. Be a New Product Development team leader on one or several teams.
3. Become an expert in all product categories, including faucets, bathing, sanitary, kitchen, bathroom furniture and accessories.
4. Understand the consumer, especially in the bathroom and kitchen environments, so that functional aspects can be considered along with aesthetic needs and cost objectives.
5. Ensure that there is a high level of design within all of the details throughout the product.
6. Determine appropriate approaches to concept development by executing design research, product concept drawings, physical modeling, and product presentations.
7. Provide design guidance and expertise to other Kallista departments including Engineering, Marketing, and Purchasing.
8. Participate in accomplishing the day-to-day activities of the Industrial Design department.
1. Work very closely with all new product development departments, including Engineering, Marketing, Purchasing and Manufacturing in a team atmosphere to achieve new product designs.
2. Create many diverse ideas in order to inspire and stimulate meaningful products.
3. Drive new product development activities which include generation of new product concepts
5. Continuously explore and develop new methods of model making and presentation techniques as appropriate to cost and timing factors.
6. Maintain current awareness of consumer and competitor product offerings including product design trends in both the U.S. and in foreign markets.
7. Develop and maintain familiarity with Kohler's core materials and processes as well as other plumbing industry capabilities.
Kallista is an equal opportunity employer.
This role requires a 4 year Industrial Design Degree from an accredited institution as well as 10+ years of experience. Must have talent and aptitude with a variety of design materials, mechanical sensibility, sensitivity to designing products within the full range of traditional, transitional, and modern/contemporary styles. Must have a minimum of two years of experience in Rhino or Alias, advance Adobe Photoshop skills. Rendering skills in Bunkspeed/Keyshot/Lagoa are also desired.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com .
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com . Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.