Senior / Staff Internal Auditor 9/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Senior Internal Auditor will be part of the Bank's Internal Audit Department, which is an integral function within the governance structure of the Bank. A risk-based audit methodology is used to assess risks and controls related to the Bank's various processes. This is achieved through audits, special projects and continuous monitoring activities. This position will work with the Bank's business leaders, including senior management, through the performance of audits as well as possibly attending management committees. This position's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, all aspects of internal audits or special projects, which include planning, fieldwork and reporting. It also includes continuous monitoring of Bank activities by attending various committee meetings, assisting on major projects or initiatives, and developing relationships with business leaders. This position has access and exposure to all areas of the Bank, including executive management and the Board of Directors.
PRIMARY SUCCESS FACTORS
* Performs all aspects of internal audits (financial, operational, compliance and fraud).
* Identifies and clearly communicates audit requirements to key stakeholders.
* Understands how key risks and controls impact the business from a credit, market/liquidity, business, operational, accounting and/or system perspective.
* Ensures the test work performed and conclusions reached are adequately documented.
* Recognizes and proactively communicates potential risks and issues.
* Makes recommendations for risk mitigation and audit strategies based on accurate identification of potential market, business, financial, credit, operational, IT and talent risks.
* Builds and cultivates strong personal relationships with peers and audit area personnel.
* Applies an understanding of company short-term and long-term strategic objectives and the risks that apply.
* Demonstrates a clear understanding of the risks and opportunities related to financial instruments offered or entered into by the Bank.
* Is knowledgeable about market and regulatory trends that have the potential for substantive impact on organization strategies, policies or risks.
* Ability to use solid judgment and manage multiple audits and issues within time constraints
* Strong business acumen, risk management knowledge, and decision-making, communication, analytical and critical-thinking skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with Visio flowcharting software is a plus
* Experience in banking, capital markets, market risk, finance/accounting or credit risk highly preferred
* Experience with risk-based audit approach a plus
* Current certification(s) (e.g., CPA, CIA or CISA) are a plus
* Computer-aided audit techniques (CAAT) system experience is a plus
* Five or more years of experience in auditing, including two or more years in a financial services environment, a plus
Bachelor's degree in a business-related field, Masters Degree a plus