Senior Staff Power Systems Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 6/29/2017
The candidate will be responsible for designing and developing power systems for RF communications circuits. The initial assignment will comprise of developing power systems for the next generation of infrastructure products. Other assignments could comprise of supporting field issues or end-of-life components related to power supply systems on legacy products.
The candidate is expected to have experience in selecting appropriate topologies and developing an overall power system architecture. He/she should enjoy hands-on building and debugging of circuits. During the development phase of a project, the candidate would work closely with other engineers, suppliers and the factories in Mexico, Malaysia, Hungary, or Elgin, Illinois. Some travel may be required.
* Bachelors degree required in Electrical Engineering or a related field; MSEE preferred.
* 3+ years of product development experience in the design and development of high reliability switch mode power supplies in the 5 to 1000 watt range and linear regulators from 0.01 to 5 watt range.
* Strong background in analog circuit design and simulation tools such as SPICE.
* Strong background in feedback control theory, error amp design and compensation, and bode plot measurements.
* Strong background in PCB layout of embedded power systems; familiar with digital clock and RF layout.
* Prior experience in digital communication protocols such as SPI and I2C.
* Prior experience in working with UL, CSA, CEC, and EMC standards.
* Prior experience in product certification testing using automated test systems.
* Desire background in isolated battery charging systems from 12 to 48V.
* Desire background in composite multi-source power systems including uninterruptible power supplies.
* Desire background in both analog and DSP power system control.
* Working knowledge of Labview.
* Working knowledge of Cadence Allegro Design Entry HDL and PCB Layout Editor.
* Works autonomously but able to work effectively with other engineering disciplines.
* Sound analytic skills and able to troubleshoot circuits quickly.
* Ability to manage multiple concurrent design projects.
* Generates concise and comprehensive design requirement documents.
* Summarizes complex technical concepts clearly.
* Good writing and communication skills.
5 - 10
* Bachelors degree required in Electrical Engineering or a related field; MSEE preferred. * 3+ years experience in power systems engineering.