Senior Staff SQA Engineer (Current Product Engineering) - 8184 9/10/2016
Palo Alto Networks
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer for our Current Product Engineering (CPE) team, you will be responsible for testing customer specific issues for Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls. This team is responsible for ensuring our customers consistently get high-quality releases in a timely fashion.
* Collaborating closely with software developers, you will help find solutions to customer s current needs
* This role involves testing many aspects of the Palo Alto Networks next generation firewalls - switching, routing, application identification, intrusion detection and more.
* We are looking for individuals excited by the challenge of a fast-paced environment and dynamic work - because you will likely work on something different every day.
* 4+ years experience in a QA position or equivalent.
* Experience testing network security products, preferably with firewalls and intrusion prevention products.
* L2-7 network testing experience including most common switching and routing protocols.
* Experience with Linux and open-source software.
* Experience with virtual machines is a plus.
* Experience with scripting: TCL/Expect, Perl, and/or Python.
* Experience with software build and release best practices.
* Knowledge of encryption and tunneling protocol test methods is a plus.
* Knowledge of cryptography and digital certificates is a plus.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.