This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/31/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS BASED IN IRVINE, CA. RELOCATION OFFERED.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Sr. Statistician is responsible for Kelley Blue Book s statistical models relating to new vehicle pricing. Duties include the development, enhancement, and maintenance of statistical models plus ad hoc analyses of new car pricing and sales trends. The Sr. Statistician is expected to perform these duties with limited daily oversight.
* Develop and enhance advanced statistical models utilizing typical and atypical methodologies.
* Develop and update data models for statistical modeling purposes, tracking results against forecasts, and fine-tuning when required.
* Work with internal business owners and external partners to understand business requirements and strategy for Kelley Blue Book in the U.S. market; support those goals with modeling and analytics.
* Track, analyze and interpret trends in data in order to provide relevant conclusions and recommendations to management.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Infrequent overnight travel by air.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
* Must have at least 5 years of experience performing advanced quantitative analyses in industry setting including 3 years of statistical modeling experience.
* Ability to manipulate, analyze, and interpret terabytes of data. Ability to organize findings and translate into actionable insights using original or innovative techniques or style.
* Ability to apply advanced statistical methodologies such as mixed model (random and fixed effects), generalized linear models, simultaneous equations, ARIMA, neural networks, and multinomial discrete choice. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as cluster analytics, sampling theory and design of experiments, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and factor analysis.
* Master's degree (M. A.) in Quantitative discipline (e.g. Math, Statistics, Economics, Bio-Statistics); PhD preferred.
* Experience working with relational databases.
* Working knowledge of SAS and SQL required.
* Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Experience managing statistical projects.
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Automotive
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-CA-Irvine-195 Technology Dr
OTHER LOCATIONS: 400 North Capitol Street,US,DC,Washington,20001|5958 Kingstowne Ctr,US,VA,Alexandria,22315-6201|1617 John F Kennedy Blvd Ste 1510,US,PA,Philadelphia,19103|Annapolis Remote,US,MD,Annapolis,21401|FREDERICK Remote,US,MD,FREDERICK,21702|205 N Michigan Ave,US,IL,Chicago,60601-5935|9800 Bachman Rd,US,FL,Orlando,32824-8005
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
SHIFT: Day Job
TRAVEL: Yes, 5 % of the Time
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing