Senior Statistician Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
Arden Hills, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Statistician
The Senior Data Scientist will play a key part in developing and defining the next phase of analytical capabilities within the Quality Assurance team at Boston Scientific. Additionally, the Senior Data Scientist will have a leadership role in designing analytical applications to detect quality improvement opportunities and gain efficiencies through continuous improvement projects.
FUNCTION OR DIVISIONAL OVERVIEW
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In Rhythm Management (RM) we offer solutions for treating irregular heart rhythms and heart failure, and protecting against sudden cardiac arrest. In addition, we offer solutions with 3D Mapping and Navigation systems, Radiofrequency Ablation catheters, Diagnostic Catheters, EP recording systems, and Intracardiac Access Sheaths. Boston Scientific develops, manufactures, and markets a broad array of products and services that enable less-invasive care for some of the most threatening cardiac conditions. We've been expanding indications and conducting pivotal research for nearly 20 years, resulting in increased access to the lifesaving and life-enhancing benefits of ICD and CRT therapies
This Senior Data Scientist role will be in charge of finding and leading application development using advanced SAS tools in a team environment. Product performance and quality assurance data across all divisions of Boston Scientific will be used. The position will work with various SAS/business experts across BSC.
- Provide thought leadership and project leadership to develop advanced analytic methodologies to detect patterns in mid- and large-scale clinical, product performance, and manufacturing data, including methods from multivariate statistics and machine learning paradigms. This could take the form of supervised and unsupervised models, cluster analysis, etc.
- Leadership responsibilities will also communication of results to team members and management.
- Partner effectively with post market, design assurance, and other cross-functional team members to identify opportunities for innovation by applying data science to research and business challenges.
- Demonstrate the effectiveness and impact of the analytical tools developed to support efforts in demonstrating the value of our medical technologies.
- Oversee process to implement predictive models in the hardware/software supported by the business unit.
- Data analysis responsibilities include sample design, data prep, identification of appropriate analytic and statistical methodology, development and documentation of process and results.
- BS degree with 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Master's degree with 3+ years of experience or PhD in data science, (bio)statistics, applied statistics, applied mathematics, machine learning, or similar fields preferred
- Experience with demonstrated expertise in statistics and/or machine learning research methodologies required; including Parametric, nonparametric, neural network, clustering, social network analysis, etc. (Experience during graduate work may be counted).
- Strong communication skill and proficient project management experience.
- Hands-on modeling skills and strong analytic programming skills using R, SAS, Matlab, or Python.
- Experience in a regulated environment such as medical devices or pharmaceuticals.
- Ability to provide project leadership to colleagues and management in innovative statistical techniques.
- Exceptional ability to drive results through strong collaborating and influencing skills across all business segments and geographies.
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (NYSE: BSX) TRANSFORMS LIVES THROUGH INNOVATIVE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. AS A GLOBAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, WE ADVANCE SCIENCE FOR LIFE BY PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS UNMET PATIENT NEEDS AND REDUCE THE COST OF HEALTHCARE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT US AT WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM.
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Statistics, Developer, Statistician, Application Developer, Data, Technology, Research