Senior Structural Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Gilmore & Associates, Inc.
new britain, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description:
The Senior Structural Engineer’s responsibilities will include performing and managing simple and complex analysis, design and documentation of various structures with emphasis on bridges, buildings, dams, parking structures, marine construction, water and wastewater treatment facilities, telecommunications structures, retaining walls, foundations, structure replacements and rehabilitations as well as conducting field investigation and construction phase observation. The Senior Structural Engineer will also direct subordinate staff and assist with business development activities.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
• Perform design and analysis functions for various structures
• Conduct assessments and evaluations of existing structures
• Attend meetings with clients, jurisdictional agencies, other professionals and organizations
• Supervise others including but not limited to administrative, technical and professional staff
• Develop solutions to challenges presented by the client within budget, schedule and project constraints
• Issue reports, schedules, estimates of probable costs, responses to SOIs, RFPs
• Review designs prepared by others as part of a TQM process
• Perform peer reviews, forensic studies and expert reporting and witness services
• Manage, administer and design structural projects and structural components of non-structural projects
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
• Valid Professional Engineering Licensure (P.E.) in Pennsylvania
• Minimum of 10 years of project engineering and management experience
• Well versed in Federal, State and Local regulatory and permitting requirements, as well as PennDOT and Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission standards and procedures.
• Extensive experience with layout & design of bridges and related highway structures
• Familiarity with rehabilitation of existing bridges and highway structures
• Master of Engineering or Science Degree
• Valid multi-State Professional Engineering Licensure (P.E.) in NJ, DE, MD, NY and/or VA
• Familiarity with design and analysis using various materials including but not limited to metals such as steel, stainless steel, aluminum & iron; concrete and precast concrete; prestressed and post-tensioned concrete; timber; HMA; synthetics; composites; epoxies/resins/polymers; FRP; HDPE
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Possesses advanced knowledge of various design and documentation software
• Ability to work independently and as part of a project team
• Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate with others to explore alternative solutions
• Comfortable performing in an environment that requires independent evaluation, judgment and decision making