Senior Supervisor, Maintenance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
Responsible for the preventive maintenance and continued upkeep of machinery in a green sand, ductile iron foundry and related manufacturing facility. Meets or exceeds safety and quality objectives. Directly supervises skilled trades workers and support employees and/or subordinate supervisors. Performs the following duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
* Advises on, supervises, and performs administrative and technical work primarily concerned with the installation, maintenance, and repair of tools, apparatus, equipment, and buildings, or other work involving maintenance services.
* Performs equipment failure analyses (including preventative and unscheduled maintenance).
* Maintains a strong working knowledge of the functionality of all machines and site services by continually learning and implementingbest practices.
* Recommends measures to improve, equipment performance, and quality of product.
* Develops and implements a robust and effective, site preventative, maintenance program.
* Ensures that all equipment is in good, safe operating condition and is utilized according to process specifications.
* Prepares technical reports to document equipment modifications and equipment maintenance procedures.
* Administers and executes policies, processes, and procedures that affect subordinate employees and contractors.
* Communicates, supports, and enforces company policies.
* Develops and implements key measurables to drive business improvements within the team.
* Leads semi-complex capital improvement projects.
* Interviews employees, appraises performance, rewards and disciplines employees, addresses complaints and resolves problems.
* Mentors staff in an approachable and constructive manner.
* Addresses and corrects quality deficiencies in a timely manner.
* Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities with other departments.
* Participates in supervisor training, develops supervisory skills through continuing education and mentoring with more senior staff.
* Trains and coaches employees in performing job tasks and ensures that employees receive all required training and are competent to perform job duties.
* Maintains time, and pay records, submits for processing. Reviews time punches daily, makes changes, corrections, comments, documents errors. Enters employee pay and promotion changes.
* Leads the safety effort within the department and ensures that employees apply safety-first attitudes and practices as they do their jobs.
* Involves employees in an ongoing program of hazards identification and in developing and applying safe job procedures.
* Teaches employees how to properly use PPE and continually monitors compliance.
* Instils good housekeeping practices in employees and requiring their use.
* Maintains a positive example of safety-first attitudes and practices.
* Works with safety professionals and management to ensure that our corporate safety policy is fully and effectively implemented on a daily basis and that applicable safety regulations are followed.
* Assists management and safety professionals in investigate accidents, incidents and near miss situations.
* Participates in safety activities such as support for Suggestion Boards, Grass Root team projects, 5S projects, department ergonomic improvements.
#external EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, related college degree or coursework preferred.
* FIVE YEARS OF FUNCTIONAL EXPERIENCE TO INCLUDE ELECTRICAL, HYDRAULIC, AND PNEUMATIC REQUIRED.
* Four years lead and/or supervisory maintenance experience required. (May be part of the functional experience.)
* Excellent interpersonal skills essential, ability to successfully deal with change, learn new skills, techniques and processes, and a positive attitude required.
* SHIFT/SCHEDULE FLEXIBILITY ESSENTIAL.