Senior Supervisor, Meter & Test
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
SENIOR SUPERVISOR, METER & TEST
JOB ID 20162544 DATE POSTED 09/15/2016 Description
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Protection Performance Supervisor's role is to provide front line leadership for field operations. Safety, Leadership, and Customer Focus are some of the key goals.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Understands the work execution process, work coordination for a technician workforce for construction, operation, and maintenance of relay protection equipment, tele-protection equipment, metering systems, SCADA and other electric equipment in substations.
* Excellent communications in the area of active listening and clear and precise presentations
* Planning, scheduling, and coordinating projects
* Responsible for the supervision of union employees.
* Maintain a high level of technical aptitude and skill.
* Manages an expense budget which includes labor, material, transportation, and other operating expenses.
* Oversee the operational workload of team; ensuring allocated staff is fully utilized in order to deliver against agreed program of work.
* Ensure supervised team complies with safety standards, policies and processes in order to ensure a safe working environment and minimize risk for all staff.
* Maintain compliance with relevant regulations by providing up to date information on National Grid policies, processes and programs to regulatory bodies.
* Promote and implement procedural best practice within the team in order to ensure all working practices are compliant with National Grid policies and regulatory requirements.
* Monitor and challenge business processes where appropriate in order to ensure National Grid is compliant with regulatory requirements.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's Degree in Electronic or Electrical Engineering with three years of experience in relay protection and control systems, tele-protection, metering, Scada, or similar technical field, servicing customers and supervising employees. -OR-
* Associate's Degree in Electronic or Electrical Engineering with five years of experience in relay protection and control systems, tele-protection, metering, Scada, or similar technical field, servicing customers and supervising employees. -OR-
* Minimum of seven years experience in relay protection and control systems, tele-protection, metering, Scada, or similar technical field, servicing customers and supervising employees.
* Have experience managing a team with the ability to build effective, respectful, working relationships.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* Have the ability to work overtime/off-hours as needed.
* Have the ability to travel overnight outside of the normal work area
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Maint & Construction
:Maint & Construction
:Sep 15, 2016, 10:16:56 AM
:Oct 15, 2016, 11:59:00 PM