Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
Sleep Number is seeking a highly effective Senior Supplier Quality Engineer. This position acts as a key member in the execution of the company strategy in quality and sustaining engineering throughout all phases of the product lifecycle. Critical functions of this role are test development and improvement, diagnosis of commercial technologies and leading, cross-functional, warranty improvement teams through Lean Sigma activities.
* Manage new product development activities related to supplier requirements including but not limited to; New Supplier Evaluations, FMEA and Control Plan development, Production Part Approval.
* Execute ongoing supplier audits and continuous improvement/Six Sigma programs to yield desired results.
* Provide effective team leadership and project management for quality investigations and improvements (CAPA).
* Participate in Design Reviews with Product Development
* Execute monthly monitoring of supplier performance and inform Strategic Sourcing team.
* Provide timely updates to cross-functional teams and senior level management.
* Work with Engineering, Operations and Manufacturing on drawings, BOM, change notices, continuous improvement activities and product testing.
* Other duties as assigned
* Minimum of 6+ years in an supplier quality role, preferably in a lean manufacturing environment
* S. Engineering required (M.S. preferred)
* Lean Sigma certification a plus
* High aptitude for technical writing
* Experience in an electronics manufacturing environment preferred
* Ability to read technical drawings and specifications
* Strong oral and written communication
* MS Project, Visio and standard Office applications
* Design of Experiments (JMP, MiniTab or similar)
* Change Control management
* Critical Path thinking
* Must be able to travel without restriction as needed, including internationally, up to 30%.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug free workplace (DFW).