Senior Supply Chain Analyst (Planner)
Responsible for the generation and implementation of production plans, management of the supply chain including processes from forecast input to receipt of goods in the distribution centers, and the management of the planning functions required to achieve objectives for customer service, inventory management, and manufacturing performance goals.
* Communicate and coordinate with plants to generate and implement production plans required to achieve consensus demand forecasts while balancing manufacturing capacities, material availability, workforcerequirements, and manufacturing efficiencies.
* Must have the ability to identify issues associated with the established production plans, develop technical resolution options, develop key conclusions and recommendations based upon the plans. Must be able to effectively and proactively communicate options, conclusions, and recommendations to Commercial and Operations management as appropriate.
* Attend and participate in monthly Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning meetings, including leading supply meetings for appropriate manufacturing sites and/or product families.
* Planner generates near term Supply and Demand Balances for products on allocation and coordinates reviews with marketing, Corporate Planning, R&D, and Plant Planning necessary to provide recommendations on product allocations.
* Planner works directly and autonomously with Plant Planning, Customer Service, and Commercial to identify customer service issues, coordinate activities necessary to identify options for resolution and recommend best path forward.
* Planner drives discipline in safety stock and inventory reviews necessary to establish, monitor, and improve customer service performance while minimizing slow and non-moving inventory.
* Calculate, compile, and communicate business performance against key performance indicators and associated metrics for production plan, customer service, and inventory management performance.
* Coordinate with Commercial, Manufacturing, Engineering, Finance, and other functions to support product line transfers, new product launches and other projects as assigned.
* Must have the ability to identify issues, problems, and opportunities and to drive process improvements while maintaining effectiveness in a changing environment.
* Cultivate and maintain partnership with Manufacturing and Commercial to enhance customer service levels.
* Actively maintain and continually improve system data flow integrity within ERP systems (JD Edwards and JDA).
* Demonstrate ability to effectively organize, conduct and follow up on meetings and presentations.
* Actively seek out ways to improve and enhance the overall supply chain processes (ex. Sales, Inventory, & Operations Planning) and follow up on the review/implementation of improvements.
* Possess and display intricate knowledge of the internal/external function of the systems/processes used on a day to day basis.
* Demonstrate overall ability to understand the entire supply chain and represent a broader view in regards to projects, assignments, and within the department.
* Willingly handle day to day activities above in addition to special projects as assigned.
* Investigate new supply chain and workplace concepts through continued education, seminars, training, and/or other research avenues, including those offered internally.
* Support Managers of Supply Chain Planning as required.
_Education required/ preferred:_
* Bachelor's degree in supply chain, business, science or related field.
* APICS Certification
* Minimum of five years' experience in materials/manufacturing/corporate planning.
* Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning process
* Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required
* Familiarity with DRP/MRPII systems, JD Edwards World, BPCS, JDA Master Planning, JDE WorldWriter and AS400 Query preferred.
* Proven analytical/problem solving skills.
* Ability to analyze and effectively communicate recommendations based on analysis. Strong data extraction skills required.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Strong organization and time management skills.
* Ability to handle and appropriately prioritize multiple projects, with a drive to satisfy deadlines.
* Ability to work independently.
* Mediation skills.
Some travelrequired (International and Domestic).