Senior Support Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for SENIOR SUPPORT ENGINEER for our client in JERSEY CITY, NJ
JOB TITLE: SENIOR SUPPORT ENGINEER
JOB LOCATION: JERSEY CITY, NJ
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
* The successful candidate will join a team that is responsible for supporting the Equities regulatory and trading platforms. Working with other technology colleagues, including those in infrastructure and application development teams, your role will be to ensure the Equities business meets its regulatory reporting obligations.
* The team will be located in 3 geographical locations/time zones, consequently the role requires being able to work effectively across teams, cultures and locations. The individual is expected to be able to understand how Equities trading systems interact, what data is relevant from a regulatory perspective and where it is sourced. They will also be required to
* conduct investigations within timescales mandated by the regulators.
* This is an excellent opportunity to join a new team and contribute to the shaping of the regulatory support provided to the Equities business during a phase of focused investment and growth.
FOLLOWING SKILLS ARE DESIRABLE IN THE PROSPECTIVE CANDIDATE:
* A desire to understand the impact of regulatory and compliance demands on the banking industry, specifically in the context of Equities trading.
* Be able to collaborate with business users, developers and other technology colleagues outside of your direct team
* Ability to multi task, prioritise work and adapt during potentially pressured situations
* Ability to articulate a technical issue to business users
* Application of technical or business processes in order to construct a problem solution
* Collate multiple sources of information to support regulatory investigations and root cause analysis (e.g. log files, SQL queries, error messages)
* Ability to read and write scripts in common languages (Shell/Perl/Python)
* Specific technical capabilities around UNIX, Linux, Wintel or databases
* Demonstrate a good understanding of technology and be competent in interacting with it via command line and GUI interfaces
* 4+ years finance industry experience and/or knowledge of working within complex systems in large organisations
OTHER GENERAL TASKS:
* Ownership of regulatory/compliance issues and/or investigations
* Business and technical communication for regulatory investigations
* Participate and respond to internal audit. Provide and undertake strategic resolution action plans and updates to global audit co-coordinators.
* Compilation of trade data and evidence for compliance/audit investigations
* Investigations into PT/Cash order behaviour with queries directly from the business and external regulators.
* The role provides an opportunity to develop leadership competencies on regulatory/compliance change programmes.
* Exposure to regulatory reporting within the context of Equities trading, with particular experience of OATS reporting.
* Support experience on trading applications/client connectivity/market connectivity, ideally in a regulatory/compliance capacity.
* In the context of the bank's regulatory & compliance obligations, look for opportunities to contribute to transformational project work within the CB&S Equities organisation.