Senior Survey Researcher
Mathematica Policy Research, Inc - Oakland, CAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Mathematica Policy Re... Mathematica Policy Research, Inc
- Oakland, CA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- Mid-Career (2 - 15 years)
- Doctoral Degree
- Company Ref #
- not providednot provided
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Mathematica Policy Research is a nationally recognized research organization that analyzes federal and state policy and programs in health care, disability, education, welfare, labor, and nutrition. Our mission is to improve public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on the work we do for our clients, which include federal, state, and local government agencies as well as private foundations.
Our current opening for a senior survey researcher is intended to expand our capacity to conduct survey research in all policy areas, including international work. Some of our current projects include studies of the Medicare program, Early Head Start, charter schools, noncompliance at military pharmacies, the State Children's Health Insurance program, and leadership development in high school principals.
With offices in Princeton, NJ, Washington, DC, Cambridge, MA, Chicago, IL, Ann Arbor, MI, and Oakland, CA, Mathematica offers its employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and the advantages of employee ownership of the company.
Our current staff of survey researchers includes professionals with doctoral and master's-level degrees in survey methodology, social sciences, statistics and public policy. As a senior survey researcher, you will help us continue to grow by directing projects, conducting methodological studies, identifying and securing new work, and mentoring junior staff. In addition to project work, MPR encourages, and provides support for staff to engage in professional activities, such as publishing in scholarly journals and participating in conferences.
· Design and direct complex survey research projects that require rigorous, impartial data collection, analysis, and reporting
· Develop quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments
· Supervise efforts of survey staff and support staff growth and development
· Direct or participate in the development of proposals for new work
· Represent the company's expertise to individuals other than clients through such mechanisms as journals, conferences, and congressional testimony
· Ph.D. in the social sciences, statistics, or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Five years experience in positions of increasing responsibility in survey research or a related field; experience should include designing and directing large-scale data collection projects as well as developing proposals.
· Advanced knowledge, based on broad experience in the field, of the principles, processes, and methods involved in survey research, including a sound understanding of at least one policy or methodological area and publication/reputation within that area
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance
Please submit a cover letter (indicating whether or not you have a specific office location), resume, transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable), and contact information for three references. You will be asked to attach these materials during the online application process.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
To learn more about this employer, please visit our website: