Senior System Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Electrolux Home Products, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior System Engineer
Position ID: req4036
Sector: Major Appliances North America
Functional Area: R&D
Location: Plant, Anderson, 101 Masters Blvd, Anderson, SC 29626 USA
Number of Openings: 2
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply By: 10/14/2016
Coordinate design and development of sealed refrigeration systems. Electrolux-NA is a high volume manufacture of domestic and international refrigerators, consisting of Top mount, Side by Side, Bottom Mount, Freezers and some commercial applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Will be responsible for the design, development, and qualification of cooling system components and/or sub-assemblies relating to the sealed systems group. Some component parts include compressors, condensers, evaporators, fans, and others.
* Assist with DoE regulation changes, by supporting the mechanical cooling systems for all domestic products.
* Integrate refrigeration system components directed by the global no frost and compressor teams into North American product.
* Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems. Interface with vendors and other departments on product compliance.
* Coordinate engineering activities with other departments including change plans, engineering changes, performance/agency testing and trial runs,
* Contribute to a cross-functional team as required to support the development of feature projects.
* Develop and initiate new product features and system performance.
* Evaluate and recommend improvements to existing components.
* Initiate and develop ideas that result in system performance improvements.
* Support the transfer of knowledge to product care and manufacturing.
* Bachelor s Degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering or related technical BS degree with a minimum of 7 years related engineering and/or project management experience for Sr. Project position is required. Technical experience could be considered in place of a BS degree. 10+ years project experience preferred.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software, Project Management software, and Word Processing software.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Proficient with tools associated with new project development activities; Stage gate development processes, DFMEA, Design reviews, project planning, part tracking and milestone schedule management
* Strong understanding of engineering principles, project management and new product development activities to create, design, develop and implement new features for refrigeration group
* Understanding of design for manufacturing assembly (DFMA) principals to facilitate design integration into the manufacturing process
* Highly motivated individual that has a strong drive for results; communicates effectively both in written and verbal communication formats, holds people accountable for goal attainment and coordinates all project actions and design details to deliver on team and project commitments
* Ability to understanding the refrigeration business objectives and when they apply, ensure those objectives are delivered at the project level.
* Creative, personally committed, resourceful problem solver capable of leading a project from inception through project implementation
* Experience with computer applications: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project and Lotus Notes
* Experience with refrigeration systems, consumer goods, and/or appliance industry a plus.
* Thermal dynamic and heat transfer
* Mechanical Refrigeration Sealed Systems
* Airflow mechanics
* Knowledge of various manufacturing and quality processes related to refrigeration systems.
* FMEA experience
* Design of Experiments knowledge helpful.
* International product knowledge helpful.
* Welcome skills with CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamic)
* Microsoft Project
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances.
Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 countries every year. In 2014, Electrolux had sales of SEK 112 billion and about 60,000 employees.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.