Senior Systems Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior Systems AdministratorDescription:
Senior Systems Administrator
Arlington, VAClearance Requirement:
Position Summary:- Provides system administration supportto the project's infrastructure to include all environments:
- Leverages and maintains the existingNIPRNet Development, Test, and Production infrastructure services;
- Designs and delivers NIPRNET andSIPRNET Development, Test, and Production Environments;
- Designs and delivers Trainingenvironments allowing students to practice tasks in the application throughclassrooms.
Duties andResponsibilities:- Provides infrastructure supportservices for production sustainment and on-going development efforts.
- Provides production and developmentsupport for incrementally deployed releases and future release deployments toinclude a development environment for patches and fixes.
- Coordinates systems management taskswith data centers and doesn't conflict with established data center SLAs on theNIPRNet and SIPRNet.
- Manages infrastructure, COOP/DisasterRecovery, performance and capacity, application administration.
- Researches, studies and evaluatessoftware tools, hardware, integration technologies, services, and leading edgetechnologies that could be applied to the project's infrastructure.
- Analyzes current and future applicationhardware requirements with emphasis on total cost of ownership, hardwareutilization, and risk reduction.
- Provides PeopleSoft and third partyapplication upgrade support.
- Coordinates and facilitates theimplementation of tool suites, Commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) products,development artifacts, and support activities.
- Delivers PeopleSoft core solutionssoftware and related packages into the development, test and training,production and COOP environments using the current Government approved process.
- Ensures compliance with DoD InformationAssurance Risk Management Framework Regulations.
- Performs analytics to identify andhighlight technology infrastructure risks, issues & dependencies.
- Works closely with the CM Lead andassists the Deployment and Software Sustainment teams in planning releases anddelivering CDRLs.
- Ensures release controls are documentedand well understood by development Teams and Program Support Teams.
- Ensures the architecture and associatedinfrastructure on which applications are deployed are robust and stable.
- Evaluates and recommends the allocationof hardware and software resources; researches and recommends solutions totechnology needs, compatible with the client's technology architecture andinfrastructure and resource constraints.
- Performs daily system monitoring,verifying the integrity and availability of hardware, server resources, systemsand key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifyingcompletion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Performs regular file archival andpurge as necessary.
- Provides technical guidance to lessexperienced systems administrators and supporting personnel.
- Bachelor's degree and 7 to 9 years ofrelated experience.
- 1 to 2 years' experience in a largesystems software development, implementation, deployment and support capacity,preferably in a Government systems environment such as Army HRC, PD ALTESS,DISA, DLA, or VA enclaves.
- Direct experience performing UNIX/Linuxand Windows Server administration, WebLogic administration, and Oracleadministration in a VMWare environment.
- Understanding of DoD InformationTechnology and Security policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
- Experience coordinating system access,NIPRNet and SIPRNet connections, and service connectivity to Governmentcomputing environments.
- Strong troubleshooting, tuning,installation and configuration & technical support skills
- Proficient in Messaging Services,Network Directory Services, Load Balancing (F5 etc.), Information Assurance,Performance Monitoring and Optimizations.
- Exposure to a variety of technologiesand concepts in multi-vendor systems environments, including:
web services;modeling, performance tuning and capacity planning for large scale distributedsystems; and implementation of high availability system configurations.
- Current SECRET clearance; Current SSBIpreferred
- Security Plus certification
DesiredQualifications:- Experience working with ERP systems inan Oracle or similar database platform, preferably in Peoplesoft 9.2 ERP andOracle 12c database experience
- Experience with Solaris 11
- PeopleSoft Enterprise PortalApplication on Portal Application Server
- Experience deploying systems throughthe Army HRC process, DISA Rapid Access Computing Environment (RACE) model, andthe Server-based Application Hosting model of DISA's Computing ServicesDirectorate (CSD) IT Services along with a deep understanding of the DISAComputing Systems Division (CSD) Services Request Process
- Experience coordinating staging anddeployment of PeopleSoft ERP solutions, with preference given to PeopleSoftApplication Portal/HCM/CRM/ELM/FSCM Version 9.1 or higher
- Experience leading Certification andAccreditation (C&A) efforts for DoD system implementations (STIGs)
- JRockit JDK R28.1 for Java SE 6 withJRockit Mission Control 4.0.1
- PeopleTools 8.55
- WebLogic Enterprise ServerTagline:
TSymmetry, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.Clearance Requirement:
SecretLocation:Arlington, VA, United StatesIndustry: