Senior Systems Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
NCI Information Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDesignated a 2016 Military Friendly® Employer
NCI: As the Senior Systems Administrator ( Systems Administrator II ), you will provide day to day support for the Army National Guard Bureau's mission and its 300+ servers. You will have a strong focus on customer and backend system support including: VMware administration and configuration for virtual servers, Server 2008 and 2012, and F5 BIG IP administration. You will also assist in the availability, reliability, and security of future Guard Bureau IT systems. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
* Maintain the F5 Big IP devices (LTM, APM).
* Serve as an Active Directory OU Administrator creating and maintaining Group Policy objects.
* Manage DNS and DHCP.
* Support, manage, configure and troubleshoot a VMware infrastructure with 40+ ESX hosts and 300+ virtual machines.
* Support and maintain storage area network consisting of HP EVA and 3PAR sans.
* Install, configure, and maintain Windows 2008 and 2012 servers.
* Perform utilization analysis on existing machines and provide suggestions for upgrades and/or replacement.
* Perform general system administration activities.
* Perform repairs, upgrades, modifications as required.
* Maintain proper version of all software elements, including bug fixes and security patches.
* Recommend new servers when necessary including specifying the configurations and performing hardware and software compatibility assessments.
* Perform system testing and troubleshooting of servers as required.
* Develop and maintain server and software services administration, start-up, stop, maintenance and troubleshooting procedures.
* Implement security and access controls.
* Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned and as needed.
* Active or be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security clearance.
* CompTIA Security+ certification.
* Minimum 5 years experience with administrating Microsoft Windows 2008 or above.
* Occasional On-Call required.
* Ability to interact with and support end users in a military environment.
* Ability to work on a team to provide IT support to customer.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Bachelors degree.
* Experience administrating IIS.
* Scripting experience with VB.NET, batch and/or powershell.
* Familiar with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
* Experience with HP SANs (EVA and 3Par).
* Familiar with HP C-Class blade series to include BL460 and BL465 blades.
* Familiar with C7000 blade enclosures: OA and virtual connects.
* VMware VCP Certification.
facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.