Senior Systems Analyst Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Christiana Care Health System
New Castle, DE
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL DESCRIPTION:
The IT Department at Christiana Care Health system is currently recruiting for a Sr. Systems Analyst to join their dynamic team!
This role will be specifically focused on the Population Health Data. The Analyst will be able to document and analyze all data required for Population Health functionality, in addition to duties described below. This would include management of data inventory, mapping of file formats, analysis of data feeds, etc.
Identify management requirements and operating problems, and define alterna tives and the recommended solution in terms of management information needs. The Systems Analyst uses current system and computer technology, and designs, installs and insures continuing operation of systems in all functional areas of Christiana Care. The Systems Analyst also acts as an internal consultant to management in disciplines and techniques such as patient management, patient accounting, payroll, ancillary and physicians systems and many other areas.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Utilize business knowledge to identify areas of systems improvement opportunity in order to submit proposals for studies that lead to systems improvements when implemented.
* Plan basic approach and method of analysis in order to pre-determine limits of problem and establish course of study and timing.
* Conduct assigned studies, applying systems analysis methods and techniques in order to identify where and how cost and time-effective improvements can be made or, as necessitated by internal or external regulations. Document and present conclusions, proposed solution and associated costs in \\"Solution-in-Principle\\" in order to gain user approval to proceed.
* Develop and document system design specifics in a \\"Solution-in-Detail\\" to assure understanding and to gain agreement by user of specific system inputs, outputs and costs. Conduct walk-throughs and develop specifications in sufficient detail to insure maximum system compliance with customer needs. Utilize technical support from DBAs, Systems Programmers, and Senior Programmer/Analysts and IC analysts in specifications.
* Provide support to assigned systems or general services. Ensure proper on-call support
* Maintain effective user relationships in order to provide a climate receptive to systems improvement and to enhance understanding of the users business concerns. Participate on user project teams, audit installed system for conformance to objectives and make applicable changes, conduct additional training, and clarify procedures to assure full user satisfaction.
* Maintain self-motivation to learn and apply current technical knowledge and to understand MCD functions.
* Provide technical work direction to assigned personnel in order to insure timely and accurate project completion. Assist the Manager in planning for and handling management contacts in business areas.
* Provide Support to assigned systems or general services. Ensure proper on-call support.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's degree
* Experience in a hospital or healthcare environment.
* Up-to-date knowledge of computer, telecommunication, and other information technology tools.
* Knowledge of system design techniques.
* Knowledge of hospital and patient work flow
* Experience working in a managed project environment
* A combination of education and experience will be considered
WORK SHIFT: Day shift, No Rotation
POSITION TYPE: Information Technology
JOB REQUISITION #: 38195BR
ABOUT US: Christiana Care Health System is an Award Winning Warrior Friendly Business.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Systems Analyst, Telecom, Telecommunications, Programmer, Payroll, Technology, Finance Apply now
* Apply now
* Please wait...
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.