Senior Engineer Technical Support - (Horsham, PA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONNextGen Healthcare has a legacy of building software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now, we re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us! Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Senior Engineer Technical Support (Horsham, PA or Remote)
The Sr. Systems Architect role is intended to provide thought leadership related to the assessment and application of technology to the benefit of the Nextgen organization. This role is integral to the evaluation of new technologies and solutions and their applicability to our business. This position will take the lead role in working with IS leadership to define the NextGen reference architecture and IS strategies (e.g. data center, disaster recovery, cloud services, etc.), and keeping these strategies current in the face of ever evolving technology. In addition to thought leadership, this position will be required to lead, define, and participate in the projects required to deliver on our IS Strategy. The person in this role will need to be able to contribute to, build, and communicate the business case to justify a proposed solution, pragmatically balancing technology with business value and risk.
* Collaborates with business owners, project managers, and business analysts along with the broader I.S. team to develop technical solutions based on business requirements.
* Enforces IS architecture standards and actively participates in all stages of IS architecture development including: research, design, programming, testing, implementation and documentation.
* Reviews new projects or proposals to ensure compliance with architectural standards..
* Establishes strong working relationships with client groups and suggests direction using a collaborative approach to solve business process issues.
* Estimates costs and duration of creating or, making changes to, IS architecture.
* Serves as subject matter expert in IS architecture. Collaborates with IS organization to share architectural knowledge and skills.
* Architects systems to be compliant with regulatory requirements (e.g. SOX, SOC II, EHNAC, etc.).
* Develops and maintains high level design for the logical, physical and application set necessary to support IS Architecture
* Leads complex projects and ensures the success of enterprise-level application rollouts.
* Determines and develops architectural approaches and solutions, conducts business reviews, documents current systems, and develops recommendations of how to proceed with the applications.
* Coach and train team of internal and external resources to support IT Architecture environment.
* Gain organizational commitment, initiate and lead projects to evaluate technology in the IS Architecture area.
* Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
* Working technical knowledge of current software protocols, and Internet standards, including TCP/UDP, LDAP, etc.
* Proven experience designing, implementing and maintaining a majority of the following solutions, systems and applications:
* Application Delivery - RDP
* Directory Services - Microsoft Active Directory, DNS
* Systems Monitoring - SolarWinds Orion or equivalent
* Excellent software troubleshooting experience.
* Working technical knowledge of Windows PowerShell and VB scripting languages.
* Working knowledge of server and workstation operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, *nix
* Competence with diagramming and documentation tools tools, such as Microsoft Visio.
* Excellent understanding of the organization s goals and objectives.
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* University degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or 3 years equivalent work experience.
* Certifications in Microsoft
* Good project management skills.
* Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* On-call availability for seven days per month, in addition to one mandatory overnight maintenance.
* Sitting for extended periods of time.
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
* Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
* Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
* Cloud computing: Amazon Web Services and ec2, s3, ELB, Route 53. Specifically, designing and implementing production workloads within AWS while adhering to best practices of using multi-AZ architecture to provide fault tolerance and redundancy.
* Cloud configuration and automation: AWS Cloud Formation, Chef, JSON, PowerShell
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because NextGen Healthcare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.