Senior Systems Design Engineer -System Software, Integration & Validation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY United States-California-San Jose
Job: Hardware Engineering
Primary Location: Full-time
Description: Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. Our All Programmable devices underpin today's most advanced electronics. Among the broad range of end markets we serve are:
* High Performance Computing
* Industrial / Scientific / Medical (ISM)
The System Software, Integration & Validation group plays a key role in the development of test systems and hardware for test & characterization of Xilinxs advanced device families.
Our most recent project has been for the ground-breaking Zynq UltraScale MPSoc, with quad core ARM processing system and programmable logic.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Design Engineer with a strong background in software to join the System-level Test team in San Jose. You will be involved in the silicon life-cycle from testing of emulated next-generation RTL through to silicon verification and characterization. You will have a view of the full system but also will become an expert in certain IP down to the register-level. We are looking for someone who can span the range of able to develop device drivers in software to debug on hardware. We expect this person to develop semi-randomized drivers for modules in our processor-based systems in order to find issues and bugs in them. They will also be intimately involved in debugging and root causing of any issues. They will run the system level test software developed on both pre-silicon prototypes and silicon itself to find functional and electrical issues. This is a position that requires good understanding of both hardware and software.
* Enhance existing test software for system-level validation and verification of existing and new FPGA features.
* Work with multiple teams to drive system-level bugs to resolution.
* Design, develop, implement, test, and verify systems based on Xilinx FPGAs with embedded MicroBlaze or ARM processors
* Provide feedback on architecture, use cases, IP design, tools, and documentation
* Determine design approaches and parameters to build complete systems for emulation, verification, validation and benchmarking of new silicon features at a system level.
* Help to develop novel methods for system-level modeling and verification
* BS in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering and 6-10 years of relevant industry experience or MS Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering and 4-8 years of relevant industry experience.
* Excellent debugging skills
* Demonstrated proficiency in C and Verilog programming
* Experience with firmware or device driver programming.
* Experience understanding system use cases, determining requirements, and writing test specifications
* Experience working in a Linux environment, Perl, and TCL scripting
* Experience with embedded systems and MicroBlaze or ARM architecture and assembly language
* A solid understanding of Verification Methodologies
* Strong communication skills
Schedule: Sep 16, 2016, 10:18:09 AM
Job Posting: Xilinx is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants and employees are treated throughout the employment process without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender Identity or sexual orientation. The self-identification information requested is not gathered for employment decisions. It is used only for compliance with US Federal laws. Your responses are strictly voluntary, and any information provided will remain confidential. If you choose not to "self-identify", you will not be subject to any adverse treatment.
Unposting Date: false
Xilinx is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants and employees are treated throughout the employment process without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. The information requested here is not gathered for employment decisions. It is used only for compliance with US Federal laws. Your responses are strictly voluntary, and any information provided will remain confidential. If you choose not to "self-identify", you will not be subject to any adverse treatment