Senior Systems Engineer Cloud
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
NTT Data Inc
Senior Systems Cloud Engineer
2+ months (possible right to hire)
*Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
*If interested, please send updated resume to Lindsey.Begue@nttdata.com*
What part will you play*
The Senior Systems Engineer, Cloud is a member of a critical new senior operational technical team with responsibility for public cloud operations supporting News Gathering, Video Production, Content Supply Chain and Broadcast Operations. This person will be responsible for day-to-day operations of BEST's AWS infrastructure, including security; cost monitoring and recovery; automating infrastructure deployment; and assisting with troubleshooting.
What will you be doing*
Be a mentor to others on the cloud and how to use it. This senior professional provides expert-level design, maintenance, configuration, and support of information technology systems in a 24x7x365 news and entertainment production environment with attention to availability, performance, capacity planning, cost, and security. Provide Subject Matter Expertise on Cloud and cloud product offerings to other members of the technical staff (operations, development, enterprise architecture). Frequently works on large projects in planning, execution and documentation phases in an Agile, DevOps context. Is a senior member of the department with final ownership of incident escalations around public cloud infrastructure and resources. This is a Monday-Friday, nine to five type role with on-call responsibilities.
What do we require from you*
* You'll be a savvy IT ninja who knows (and is constantly learning more) cloud to help drive new initiatives.
* 2+ years of experience in public cloud technologies, preferably Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* 5+ years experience in systems administration, Linux or Windows required;
* 10+ years overall IT experience desired
* 2+ years in an enterprise minimal-downtime environment
* 2+ years experience automating tasks in at least one complex scripting language (ruby, powershell, perl, python, bash, etc.; batch does not count)
* Experience with application and infrastructure monitoring and analytics Excellent analytical thinking skills, esp. in the realm of complex system troubleshooting Strong communication skills, including written/drawn documentation and verbal customer/executive interactions
* Ability to lead and mentor across teams where no reporting relationship exists
* Demonstrated self-starter with capacity for working independently
* Ability to balance multiple competing demands
Experience with the following is a huge plus:
* AWS-EC2, AWC-S3, AWS-Lambda, AWS-Cloudformation, AWS-RDS, CloudHealth, etc.
* Familiarity with Azure, Google Cloud and Openstack a plus
* Ability to write cookbooks in Chef, or familiarity with Infrastructure-as-Code concepts highly desirable
* Experience with enterprise support systems and the ITIL framework highly desirable
* Experience with VMWare's product sets is desirable
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.