Senior Systems Engineer - 1769 9/9/2016
Millennium Engineering and Integration Company
Colorado Springs, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior Systems Engineer Colorado Springs, CO
Millennium is seeking individuals to support engineering functions for a major system program directorate at Peterson AFB. Responsibilities include:
* Provide logistics expertise and technical and programmatic support.
* Develop, maintain, and coordinate life-cycle sustainment plans (LCSPs) and logistics planning documents.
* Ensure for the planning and execution of all product support elements in the development, modification, upgrade and sustainment of new and existing programs.
* Support, review and provide comments/input to, the development of overarching system design documentation.
* Provide relevant submissions, revisions, and reviews for acquisition and technical efforts.
* Lead and resolve program deficiencies and facilitate effective integration of support system technical and product support requirements and efforts with other acquisition and sustainment activities.
* Develop, plan, and implement life cycle support strategies and analysis.
* Provide on-site support for shipments and ensure that equipment passes through shipping ports to final destinations.
* Coordinate and lead resolution of system issues, deficiencies, and software bugs.
* Maintain configuration control, configuration status accounting, and configuration identification of the systems hardware, software, and firmware configurations, and conduct configuration audits.
* Support the development of optimum design and development latitude.
* Utilize a CSA system (ARAS Innovator ) to provide configuration baseline status information and provide system traceability.
* Provide data management of data items received in support of projects and initiatives.
* Develop and maintain technical requirements documents and architecture documentation.
* TO planning, scheduling, and budgeting to include writing and publishing validated TO products.
* Provide engineering expertise identifying and resolving potential risks.
* Develop and coordinate on design documents, requirements documents, contracts documents, enabling concepts, concepts of operations, system training plans, risk reduction strategies and recommendations, training material, test requirements, work specifications, and other technical documentation as required.
* Perform design studies and analysis, performance-based design reviews, high level detailed specification and scope preparation, configuration, management and documentation control, fabrication, assembly and simulation, and modeling.
* Develop and perform technical insertions and risk reduction strategies, studies and recommendations to mitigate identified risk conditions.
* Bachelor s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) field AND 10 yrs experience OR minimum 20 years DoD acquisition, logistics, and sustainment experience.
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.