Senior Systems Engineer IV
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Cherokee Nation Technologies
Silver Spring, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) ESRL's Global Monitoring Division conducts sustained observations and research related to global distributions, trends, sources and sinks of atmospheric constituents that are capable of forcing change in the climate of the Earth. This research will advance climate projections and provide scientific policy-relevant, decision support information to enhance society's ability to plan and respond.
We are currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer IV to for provide systems engineering technical services for NOAA’s NCEI that encompass Mission Science Network (MSN) and Mission Support Services (MSS) Enterprise IT Systems planning, development, architecture, requirements, integration, testing, sustainment and Rough Order Magnitude (ROM) costing in support of NCEI ingest, archive, processing, stewardship and access mission functions.
This role will primarily support the IT Services Division Branch Chief, and also interacts regularly with NCEI’s mission stakeholders in the Data Stewardship Division (DSD), the Center for Coasts, Oceans and Geophysics (CCOG) and the Center for Weather and Climate (CWC).
• Coordinate with relevant NCEI staff to fully define, document and communicate mission system and service technical requirements including concepts of operation and use cases as they pertain to MSN and MSS capabilities;
• Actively participate in NESDIS OSGS and A-CIO-S enterprise system development activities (i.e. IPTs, requirements reviews, design reviews) to ensure communication and integration of NCEI requirements into NESDIS ground enterprise services and to ensure integration of NCEI focused MSN functionality into the larger enterprise.
• Coordinate NCEI review, inputs and approval of MSN and Mission Support Services (MSS) Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), Memoranda Of Understanding (MOU) and other partnership documents with NESDIS and other IT service providers to NCEI.
• Coordinate with NCEI Subject Matter Expert (SME) timely participation in MSN and MSS engineering reviews to avoid costly delay and rework by exposing problems and allowing for early resolution; engineering reviews included System Requirements Review (SRR), System Definition Review (SDR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), and Critical Design Review (CDR).
• Provide systems engineering expertise in planning, integrating and NCEI acceptance of MSN and MSS enterprise services to ensure end to end functional support for NCEI Mission requirements.
• Develop and present technical overviews, status and proposals to NCEI leadership to ensure timely awareness, action and decision making on MSN and MSS activities.
• Regularly collaborate with the NESDIS A-CIO office and the Office of Satellite Ground Systems (OSGS) technical teams to improve and expand system services.
• Identify and elevate technical issues allowing early resolution.
• Draft monthly activity reports for Employer.
• A Masters in systems engineering, systems architecture, scientific computing, or equivalent work experience is required
• 15+ years proven experience overseeing systems planning, design, implementation and integration with large scale government, scientific, or engineering computing environments
• Training and experience using the Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) for enterprise architecture
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail
• Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
• Demonstrated ability to effectively meet specified delivery deadlines
• Ability to work in a geographically dispersed organization.
• Ability to travel domestically by air 3-5 times per year
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job # 10455 online at www.cherokee-cnt.com
Since 2009, Cherokee Nation Technologies (CNT) has been serving government clients with time-tested solutions that increase client effectiveness through the intelligent use of technology. CNT’s expertise includes software and application services, network services, and business process services. The company is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, with a regional office in Ft. Collins, Colorado, and client locations nationwide. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNT is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf