Senior Systems Engineer, Propellers
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
UTC Aerospace Systems
Windsor Locks, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Propeller Systems Engineering group is looking for a systems engineer to help prepare for the design of new propeller system hardware and software for the Next Generation Regional Turboprop (NGRT) aircraft, execute propeller programs in progress, and support legacy propeller systems engineering activities. The candidate should have skills and experience in the four major disciplines of systems engineering, systems architecture development; modeling; requirements development and management and Verification and Validation.
- Be responsible for generation of propeller system complex performance models and real time models for hardware in the loop testing.
- Analyze test data to validate and improve system and component models in an iterative process to develop a library of effective and modular component models. These component models will then be assembled into new configurations to facilitate architecture trade studies, accurate requirements definition, and form preliminary performance models.
- Research and develop adaptive control algorithms and prognostic health monitoring for improved performance and maintenance.
- Develop control algorithms for propeller systems and incorporate into requirements for propeller control software (DO178 Level A software). This will include control algorithm development through the utilization of system models and test facilities.
- Participate in component requirements definition process, primarily through modelling, simulation, and analysis.
- Flexibility to move between architecting, modeling, requirements development and verification and validation as required by the various phases of assigned programs. This may require travel to support suppliers, customers, and aircraft operators.
- Interact with internal customers, external customers (powerplant and/or aircraft manufacturers), and suppliers.
- Participate in internal and external product design engineering teams and reviews.
- Be involved, either directly or indirectly, with aircraft and propeller system troubleshooting with operators after entry into service.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex technical information in presentation and report forms.
THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Minimum five (5) years systems engineering experience
- Modeling experience with MATLAB/Simulink is required
- Experience with hydraulic/mechanical control systems is a plus
- Full life cycle experience as a systems engineer is required: systems architecture/ requirements development/ modeling and simulation/ verification and validation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience interacting with external & internal customers is a plus
- Ability to present to customers and levels of leadership internally & externally.
- Candidate must be a US Person (US Citizen or Green Card Holder)
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, ElectricalEngineering, or related degree (Master's degree in Mechanical or ElectricalEngineeringpreferred)