Senior Systems Engineer / SME IV
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Scientific Research Corporation
North Charleston, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The purpose of the Navy Computer Network Defense (CND) program is to augment CND capabilities and integrate them into the unique environments encountered by Navy forces. Navy CND is an integral part of the cyber defense posture, to protect the Navy's component of the Global Information Grid (GIG) from exploitation and has a strong linkage to critical infrastructure protection. To enhance Network and cyber Security, SPAWAR Systems Center Atlantic requires resources to support the Research, Development, Test & Evaluation (RDT&E) and Integration activities for the Navy's Shore CND System AN/FYC-23(V) deployed on the IT for the 21st Century (IT-21) and OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONENET) networks.
* As a member of the Research and Development team the candidate will provide network security design, installation, support, and system administration support for Computer Network Defense Systems (CNDS). Candidate will perform product testing, product evaluation and reviews, network design, and system development of Information Assurance (IA) and network systems.
* SRC is looking for qualified candidates looking for a challenging position on the Research and Development (R&D) team. This team consists of numerous engineers and SME's tasked with finding the next solutions for CND systems.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Be knowledgeable with CND Information Assurance (IA) systems
* VM Ware expertise
* Windows expertise
* This position requires DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II certifications
* Must have one of the following security certifications: GSEC, Security+, SCNP, or SSCP.
* Must have one Operating System (Microsoft or UNIX) certification.
* Requires a minimum of a Secret security clearance
* Top Secret clearance strongly desired.
* Ten (10) years of hands-on experience with task specific project, to include three (3) of the following four (4) areas: Systems Requirements, Operational Requirements, Test & Evaluation, and Training.
* Recognized expert who has demonstrated industry and public service leadership in relevant technical field
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled