Senior Systems Integration Engineer
Reporting to the Senior Director of Engineering, this Systems Integration Engineer will provide technical expertise, vision and leadership in the development and / or optimization of an order to revenue workflow involving a system of systems for a high-value portfolio of industry-leading clinical diagnostic tests conducted within our state of the art Clinical Laboratory. These efforts will include the design and implementation of in-house diagnostic tests from early design through transfer to Operations and scale-up, integration of externally developed diagnostic tests, and ongoing improvements of existing commercialized diagnostic tests. This individual will develop solutions aligned with corporate goals, either in a phased or all-in-one release schedule.
The successful candidate will lead cross-functional integration teams with members from many different disciplines and functional areas outside of Engineering, including but not limited to, Clinical Laboratory Operations, Biostatistics, Data Management, Information Technology, Product Lifecycle Management, Quality, R&D, and external partners and collaborators, to implement new and improved processes and equipment automation technology. Projects may involve several different sets of developers working on multiple systems towards an optimal order-to-revenue business workflow, including integrating order management, sample receipt, laboratory testing, results delivery, and billing. These integration efforts will encompass the generation and collection of requirements, design and architecture, integration of subsystems, and testing of the entire workflow. The Systems Integration Engineer will provide expertise in engineering design, process, and scale-up, and assist in problem solving with regards to automation equipment, software and other systems.
* Participate in or lead cross-functional teams planning, developing, validating, and implementing robust and scalable integration solutions from order to revenue, or any subset of these process steps for new laboratory developed tests or for platforms for multiple products.
* Incorporate business strategy into project scope, plan and design that may involve multiple phased releases of the product
* Collect and document clear and complete business requirements for Genomic Health s workflows
* Translate these business requirements to clearly documented, well-vetted requirements for the different software systems used to implement the solution.
* Work with Project Management to build a development schedule and track progress using a robust development process
* Manage engagements with outside partners as necessary to incorporate their laboratory tests into Genomic Health business workflows
* Advice and present options, recommendations, and plans to senior management on integration projects and associated issues and risks.
* Apply Robust Design / Design for Six Sigma principles to the development of Genomic Health workflows
* Serve as a subject matter expert on the business workflows within Genomic Health, providing expertise in this area to colleagues outside of Engineering
* Other duties as assigned
* An engineering degree and at least 12 years of relevant systems integration experience with complex workflows and products.
* Experience in the design, development, and validation of solutions comprised of integrated automated and manual workflows, and software components
* A track record of success in understanding complex end-user applications, collecting and clearly documenting end user requirements and translating these into clear and concise requirements
* Superb written and oral communication skills, and demonstrated excellence in communicating and collaborating with colleagues and customers from a wide variety of scientific, engineering, operational, and regulatory disciplines across the organization at many different levels
* Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and participate in cross-functional project teams
* Critical thinking skills required to judiciously plan and prioritize project activities for maximum leverage and impact
* Demonstrated leadership skills required to align colleagues and stakeholders around a vision and a plan to achieve it, and to execute this plan
* Strong and consistent commitment to quality in the development, testing, and implementation of systems to be used in Genomic Health s laboratory developed tests.
* Ability to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner
* Extensive experience with development of business workflows using enterprise software systems for clinical diagnostic applications.
* Experience in the development of laboratory diagnostic tests using automated liquid handlers, qRT-PCR or sequencing.
* Experience in developing diagnostic test in a highly regulated environment (CLIA, FDA, etc.)
* Experience in project management
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment and optimal treatment of cancer, one of the greatest issues in healthcare today. With its Oncotype IQ Genomic Intelligence Platform, the company is applying its world-class scientific and commercial expertise and infrastructure to lead the translation of clinical and genomic big data into actionable results for treatment planning throughout the cancer patient journey, from diagnosis to treatment selection and monitoring. The Oncotype IQ portfolio of genomic tests and services currently consists of the company's flagship line of Oncotype DX gene expression tests that have been used to guide treatment decisions for more than 600,000 cancer patients worldwide. Genomic Health is expanding its test portfolio to include additional liquid and tissue-based tests. The company is based in Redwood City, California, with international headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information, please visit,www.GenomicHealth.comand follow the company on Twitter: @GenomicHealth,Facebook,YouTubeandLinkedIn.
Join the Genomic Health Team, and have the unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients with cancer, while developing your career potential. We value our employees and consider them an integral part of our company s growth and success. We maintain competitive total rewards programs designed to satisfy our employees work life and personal life needs.
To learn more about careers at Genomic Health visit: http://www.genomichealth.com/join_our_team
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.