Senior Systems Software Engineer, Compute Infrastructure
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce.com hosts web services and applications written by thousands of internal developers and tens of thousands of customers to provide the largest business automation cloud on the planet. The compute infrastructure that enables this innovation and value is evolving to fully embrace lights-out operations, single-click deploy to tens of thousands of nodes, and services that self-heal and self-optimize.
Salesforce is building out our compute infrastructure team to reinvigorate the way we deliver, deploy, operate, secure, monitor, and repair our data centers and the code that runs across them - at consumer web scale. We are looking to add experienced distributed systems engineers who can step up and own big chunks of that vision.
Some attributes of successful candidates
* Eat, sleep, and breathe services. You have experience balancing live-site management, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt,
* Familiarity with crash-only and recovery-oriented software design.
* Excited by building reliable, self-healing services on unreliable hardware.
* Experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems that run across thousands of compute nodes in multiple data-centers.
* Agilista capable of driving and delivering thin slices of end-to-end functionality on a regular cadence with data-driven feedback loops.
* 5+ years of RHEL Linux/CentOS/UNIX System Administration experience
* Strong development skills in Go/C/C++
* Operate as a technical expert on infrastructure projects pertaining to Linux platforms, systems management, design, architecture, capacity planning, and performance.
* Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, and HTTPS protocols
* Experience owning and operating multiple instances of a mission critical service
* Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development
* Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.