Senior Tax Accountant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSENIOR TAX ACCOUNTANT
* Federal/State Income and SalesTax compliance, audits, and assessments notices
* Tax account reconciliations, general tax accounting
* Periodic updates of Income Tax provisions, roll forward of Cumulative Deferred Balances
* Reconciliations to contribute to the maintenance of tax basis balance sheet
* Analysis and journal entries for monthly, quarterly and annual tax provision
* Maintain State compliance responsibility for Annual Reports, Property Tax and Unclaimed Property reporting
* Aid in the review of quarterly and year-end tax provision calculations and in income tax related footnotes and disclosures
* Review quarterly estimated tax payments and annual extension calculations
* Liaison with outside tax preparers in providing supporting analysis for timely and accurate tax return completion
* Handle all indirect taxes, including property, sales and use and liaison for GST/HST filings
* Research and provide guidance regarding proposed and enacted changes in taxlaw and reporting requirements
* Aids in the financialreporting, including provision entries, calculation of various permanent, flow-through, and temporary differences for year-end ASC.
* Performs account reconciliations to contribute to the maintenance of tax basis balance sheets for all companies.
* Researches and provides guidance regarding proposed and enacted changes in salestaxlaws, including salestaxability of purchases and sales. Assists in the calculation of use tax liabilities.
* Develop efficiencies by implementing automated templates and processes
* Maintains a current knowledge of changes in taxlaws, regulations, and reporting requirements. Interprets proposed and enacted tax legislation and communicates the effects to members of management and impacted personnel in a timely manner.
* Special Projects
* Solid experience with Accounting for Income Taxes and professional tax background
* Experience with Income & SalesTax Software
* Proficiency with computer skills
* Strong analytical skills