Senior Tax Accountant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
First Call Personnel Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONSENIOR TAX ACCOUNTANT - WEST HOUSTON
We currently have a great opportunity for an experienced Senior TaxAccountant/Analyst who will effectively work with the tax team on quarterly, multi-state, and Federal tax filings. Experience with transfer pricing is an important component of the responsibilities for this role as are advanced MS Excel skills.
* Prepare, process and analyze extension requests, and estimated tax filings in compliance with federal, state and international laws.
* Provide information to outside service provider to complete the consolidated federal, state adn international income tax returns.
* Prepare, calculate and document portions of the current adn deferred tax provision, effective tax rates (ETR) and uncertain tax positions (UTPs).
* Support federal and state income taxaudits and prepare responses for appeals and government requests.
* Create electronic work papers anf information gathering questionnaires.
* Research best tax compliance practices and create compliance routines in accordance with changing taxlaws.
* Prepare fixed asset reconciliation and tax depreciaton calculation.
* Prepare tangible property calculations.
* Prepare calculations for Retail Inventory Method, UNICAP and otherinventory-related adjustments.
* Maintain documentation in accordance with SOX requirements.
* Maintain and reconcile general ledgertax accounts
* Prepare special taxreports as needed.
* Assist tax department with written documentation of tax policies and procedures.
* Additional duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting REQUIRED, CPA PREFERRED
* 3+ YEARS experience in corporate accounting or public accounting firm
* Knowledge of multistate tax filing issues and process
* Proficient use of OTP, PeopleSoft, HFM
* Knowledge of applicable taxlaws required
* Advanced use of MS Office programs including Word, Outlook and Excel
* Authorized to work for any employer in the US
* Ability to pass a thorough background check
DIRECT HIRE POSITION
SALARY TO 85K based on skills & experience