Senior Tax Accountant 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBLE TO: Mgr.-Fed Taxes,(Primary), Mgr.-State Taxes (As needed)
* Perform Company's federal tax compliance function including primary preparation of the Company's Federal tax returns.
* Assist the Manager - Federal Taxes in responding to Federal audits.
* Assist with the Company's state tax compliance function.
* Prepare portions of the Company's consolidated Federal tax return including:
* Financial data download into tax compliance software.
* Send out and review tax packages received to/from subsidiaries and divisions.
* Compute book/tax adjustments (i.e., Schedule M-3 adjustments).
* Prepare reclass and elimination entries for the tax returns.
* Prepare sub-consolidated returns and assist with the preparation of the "top" consolidation.
* Utilize OneSource tax compliance software.
* Prepare Federal quarterly estimated tax payments and extension.
* Assist with the computation of the year-end tax provision computation.
* Assist with the computation of the quarterly tax provision computations.
* Assist with the administration of federal audits and propose resolution strategies/solutions with the Manager - Federal Taxes, Assistant Tax Director and/or Director Global Taxes.
* Assist Manager - Federal Taxes and Assistant Tax Director on various projects as assigned.
* Maintain corporate tax calendar using OneSource software.
* Contribute to Company's tax planning through innovative ideas.
* In addition to primary federal tax responsibilities, assist theManager- State Taxes with state tax compliance matters including:
* Preparing state quarterly estimated tax payments and extensions.
* Gathering, consolidating, and reconciling state apportionment data.
* Preparing selected stand-alone and combined/consolidated state income tax returns.
* Preparing state annual reports and maintaining entities in good standing.
* Administering state/local tax audits and responding to state/local tax notices.
* Not Applicable.
* Establish and maintain relationships with various accounting personnel at operation locations.
* Establish and maintain relationships with various personnel at Executive Office, including the Accounting, Treasury, Legal and Human Resources departments.
* Maintain in good standing, the Company's relationship with various taxing authorities.
* Not Applicable.
* 5-10+ years of corporate tax experience.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting with an advanced degree and/or CPA desirable.
* Experience with handling federal and state tax audits desirable.
* Proficiency with OneSource strongly preferred.
* Knowledge of Hyperion Enterprise HFM desirable.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc).
* Ability to work for extended periods with limited supervision.
* Ability to meet deadlines, working overtime when required.