Senior Tax Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION* 2 YEARS PUBLIC ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE WITH A BIG FOUR OR LARGE REGIONAL FIRM
* A MINIMUM OF 3 YEARS TAX EXPERIENCE
* The Senior Tax Analyst is responsible for tax reporting and planning and assisting with tax audits to maximize tax savings opportunities that contribute to shareholder value while fulfilling tax payment and reporting obligations. This position is the corporate tax point of contact for Corporate Finance or one of the four SBG Tax Directors.
* Tax Return Compliance - Prepare and review tax filings and work papers to ensure the accurate reporting of federal, international and potentially state income taxes by identifying, researching and evaluating alternative tax positions in order to determine and implement a supportable, cost effective filing position. Manage the timely and efficient administration of information assimilation and reporting through the review of processes and implementation of procedures that enhance speed and efficiency of administration.
* Financial Reporting - Manage the accurate preparation of Client's business units income tax accounts for financial statement purposes, including assisting with the preparation of Client's foreign income tax expense (both current and deferred) for financial statement purposes. Assist in evaluating uncertain tax reporting positions and business combinations in order to properly reflect the tax treatment of such items in Client's financial statements. Analyze the tax aspects of financial projections and forecasts.
* Planning Activities - Partner with business units to proactively identify and research tax planning opportunities. Implement non-structural tax planning strategies which maximize savings on a defensible basis. Evaluate the tax effect and implications of business strategies, contemplated transactions, and business proposals to properly advise management.
* Tax Audits and Controversies - Assist in responding to requests for information from government officials to successfully defend tax filing positions. Interact with current and former business groups to coordinate and implement audit strategies. Stay abreast of legal developments and industry positions in order to accurately evaluate options and responses to requests for information.
* Legislative Activities - Monitor industry positions relevant to Client's business operations.
* Must be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident due to government contracts
* Bachelor's Degree in tax or accounting
* 2 years Public Accounting experience with a Big Four or large regional firm
* A minimum of 3 years tax experience
* CPA completed or in process preferred
* US Federal corporate tax return compliance preferred
* Masters in taxation preferred
* Corp tax software experience preferred
* US Federal Tax Return Compliance for multinational company preferred
* Broad technical knowledge of tax laws and regulations preferred
* Solid Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) Financial Accounting/ASC 740 knowledge preferred
* Excellent business acumen with a sound understanding of the tax implications of a multi-national manufacturing company preferred
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills preferred
* Demonstrated ability to develop innovative and creative solutions to complex issues preferred
* Effective presentation skills preferred