Senior Tax Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT JOB
JOB TITLE: Senior Tax Consultant
JOB TYPE: Full Time
JOB FUNCTION: Finance
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Associate
EDUCATION LEVEL: Bachelor's degree
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Professionals
COMPENSATION: $101,000 - $120,000
LOCATION: Hoboken, NJ
SKILLS: Hyperion/Oracle ERP Suite, ERP, problem solving skills, Business Analyst, Project Manager, CorpTax, OneSource, Tax technology Analysis
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:2 Years
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: No
VISA REQUIREMENT: Only US citizens and Green card holders
NUMBER OF POSITIONS:1
The International Senior Tax Consultant ("Senior") is an integral member of the Tax department who will provide hands-on support for international income tax compliance (Forms 5471, 8865, and 8858), quarterly and year-end financial reporting, and tax research for all Operating Companies. The Senior will prepare analyses and work papers that require tax knowledge and experience, direct and review the work of junior staff, and assist with the use of the software capabilities of the tax provision and tax compliance systems. The Senior needs to establish and maintain partnerships with our Controllers, Treasury team and business colleagues. The Senior must also develop and maintain familiarity with Finance processes, systems, policies, and financial/tax profile of individual non-US legal entities.
1. Assist in quarterly and annual international ASC 740 (FAS 109/FIN 48) tax accruals, global effective tax rate calculations, and footnote disclosure
2. Prepare/review of Form 5471, 8858, 8865 using the Tax Technologies software system. The must have tools include Corp Tax and OneSource. The client is not accepting any substitutions.
3. Prepare detailed earnings and profits analysis; foreign tax credit; Subpart F income; previously taxed income; and foreign source income.
4. Assist with international tax planning projects. Research tax issues for tax planning and compliance reporting and draft memoranda to support and document conclusions.
5. Assist with the preparation of certain tax modeling
6. Monitor current and proposed, US and foreign, tax law changes to determine worldwide impact.
7. Delegate effectively to staff to optimize efficiency and promote their retention through consistent career development.
8. Demonstrate an eagerness to self-develop and explore new areas.
* Bachelor's degree with coursework demonstrating an interest in finance, tax, and/or accounting, graduate degree in tax a plus.
* 2-7 years of in-house or Big Four experience with 1-2 years of international tax experience preferably doing tax provision, international income tax compliance and reporting.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Critical thinking and problem solving skills, with initiative and persistence to pursue problems, resolution and opportunities
* Broad-based international tax experience with technical experience in international tax compliance and tax provision.
* Strong communication and team skills
* Familiarity with ERP, tax compliance and tax provision software; in particular, prefer experience in Tax Technologies compliance, OneSource Tax Provision, and/or Hyperion/Oracle ERP Suite. Must have CorpTax and OneSource.
* Strong skills in Microsoft Office
* Sr. Tax Technology Analysis
* The tools that will be required for this position include Corp Tax and OneSource. The manager is not accepting any substitutions.
* This team is looking for somebody with some BA or PM background who understands the need for functionality in enhancements and new versions of the tool.
* Extensive experience in implementations and specializes in analysis for any fortune 100 company.
* The ideal candidate will have experience as a level 1 help desk for internal clients. Answering questions. solving problems etc.
We are a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. We help clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset - their people. Company has 60,000 employees are based in more than 100 countries.
Company offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.