Senior Tax Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
FEDERAL TAX CONTROVERSY & SPECIAL PROJECTS GROUP
* Develop relationships with IRS Personnel
* Coordinate and lead weekly meetings
* Drafting IRS presentations that explain transactions/positions
* Strategize with team members on audit issues and research issues that arise during the audit
* Prepare responses to questions raised by Federal Auditors and deliver the conclusions
* Review audit conclusions and communicate changes/agreements with the auditor
* Compile IRS quarterly disclosure packet & present disclosures to IRS team
* Tie issues reviewed by IRS into Cox s Tax Return in coordination with Department s Compliance group
* Coordinate with Department s Compliance group with respect to the impact of audit settlements on the current return
* Track open IRS issues and audit correspondence via Thompson Audit Manager
* Interact with contacts within the company and outside the company to resolve IRS notices
* Assist with special projects, especially ones subject to IRS review
* Assist with state Audits as needed
* Assist with Federal Compliance as needed
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting
* 2-4 Years of experience in tax
* Strong analytical, technical, written and oral communications skills
* Ability to lead, manage and prioritize multiple assignments and projects; resolve complex tax issues, and consistently deliver a thorough and accurate work product with great attention to detail
* Demonstrated performance as a team player, highly motivated and a self-starter
* Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company.
With revenues of nearly $20 billion and more than 50,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications, Inc. (cable television distribution, telephone, high-speed Internet access, wireless services, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Manheim, Inc. (vehicle auctions, repair and certification services and web-based technology products); Cox Media Group, Inc. (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers, advertising sales rep firms, Valpak and Cox Digital Solutions); and AutoTrader.com (online automotive advertising and Kelley Blue Book, vAuto, HomeNet Automotive and VinSolutions subsidiaries).
Additionally, Cox operates Kudzu.com. More information about Cox can be found online at www.coxenterprises.com.
Cox Enterprises and its affiliated companies participate in the E-Verify program of the United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information on the E-Verify program, please see the posters accessible through the links at: www.coxenterprises.com/careers/search-jobs.aspx Cox Enterprises and its subsidiaries do not contact candidates for employment by text message. We do not conduct online interviews via chat sessions and/or instant messenger applications. Cox utilizes a formal application process through the HR department and company websites. Communications are made through official company channels including email, letterhead, phone, and fax. The company does not require employees to purchase equipment or software as terms of employment. Interested candidates should submit their resume though Cox Career Network. Cox Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Other Locations:US-GA-Stone Mountain, US-GA-Atlanta, US-GA-Marietta, US-GA-Norcross, US-GA-Alpharetta, US-GA-Roswell, US-GA-College Park
Job Level:Individual Contributor