Senior Technical Accounting & Audit (2730)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
ENGIE North America Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 154,950 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of 69.9 billion in 2015. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition. We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy.
Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow!
We are looking for Senior Accountant in the field of Technical Accounting & Audit. The Accountant is responsible for the technical accounting processes including financial reporting, accounting for derivatives and accounting research.
Essential Job Functions
* Assesses contracts to determine if they meet the definition of a derivative.
* Supports monthly derivative accounting process for all of ENGIE.
* Performs and reviews other specific derivative accounting tasks as designated by Manager.
* Supports monthly derivative P&L analysis for all of ENGIE.
* Supports audit for scope of responsibility including preparation of audit support and investigations of audit issues.
* Supports derivative disclosure development.
* Performs delegated accounting research.
* Supports technical issues for business units and business development projects as needed.
* Supports the implementation of new accounting standards.
* Supports management with ad hoc requests.
* Maintains effective system of internal controls for scope of responsibility.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
* Strong knowledge in International Financial Reporting Standards and US GAAP, with special emphasis on derivative accounting.
* Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel
* Ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and external auditors.
* Ability to manage multiple projects across different business lines and departments.
* Deadline driven and ability to plan ahead to ensure smooth close processes.
* Hands-on and able to step in to assist staff if needed.
* Strong-interpersonal skills and self-motivated.
* Work in time sensitive environment, may be outside of usual US business hours.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Office, PowerPoint etc..)
Essential Physical Abilities
* Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
* Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
* Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
* Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
* Could involve some lifting.
* 5-7 years relevant experience required with 2 years Big 4 a plus
* Bachelors degree required in Accounting or MIS preferred
* CPA preferred
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
This job posting is supported by the ENGIE Recruiting Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquiries must come to the Recruiting team and not to direct ENGIE Managers.