Senior Technical Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
Cox Automotive, a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for the automotive industry, is seeking a Senior Technical Architect who is a thought leader and can be front-and-center in designing implementing solutions in our big data space, to join our architecture team located North of Atlanta, GA in the Dunwoody area.
We want your expertise in API-based platforms to help us deliver on applications and systems in the Hadoop space that pertain to data provisioning, data quality, and inter-application integrations.
The Senior Technical Architect is accountable for the direction, performance, and ongoing health of Cox Automotive s Big Data Platforms, Information, and technical architecture. This includes being responsible for developing & refining the assets (e.g. standards, tools, frameworks) to enable the development and assembly of technology components that result in an enterprise architecture implementation. The Senior Technical Architect is accountable for driving technology evaluation and selection. Technical Architects are also accountable for designing reusable technical assets and standards to support solution development, as well as consulting with implementation teams on how to best leverage these assets and standards.
The Senior Technical Architect is responsible for designing technology solutions that support the overall Business Intelligence Technology strategy. The Sr. Technical Architect must evaluate functional requirements and produce high-level design deliverables that enable the organization to develop data products that are robust, flexible, scalable, secure, and that support the strategic initiatives of the enterprise. The Technical Architect must analyze, document and promote standards and patterns that represent the established architectural goals. Senior Technical Architects are also responsible for researching, demonstrating and providing guidance on emerging technologies and industry trends. The Technical Architect must maintain expert knowledge of internal and external systems. Along with strong technical skills, the Technical Architect must have a tenacious desire to learn and understand business principles, concepts and strategy.
TECHNOLOGY WE USE: Hadoop distributions like Cloudera (preferred), HortonWorks, MapR, BigInsights, or Amazon EMR, Java SE, Java EE, JMS, XML, XSL, Web Services, REST, SOAP, UDDI, WS-Security, SOA Governance, Web Service Management tools, ava MapReduce, Hive, Pig, and Pig UDF.
* Work directly with a Product Owner to develop feature roadmaps and groom product backlogs for assigned applications
* Produce appropriate design artifacts representing desired changes in technical architecture and systems
* Build consensus among technical staff by evaluating potential solutions
* Facilitate technical design reviews
* Elicit, articulate and critique functional and system requirements
* Address system quality attributes relating to platform architecture, such as performance, availability, and consistency, then propose recommend solutions
* Advocate and enforce adoption of architecture standards such as technical design patterns, reusable code examples, and physical design best practices
* Define and document platform development principles, standards, and best practices. Ensure their adoption and usage
* Participate in platform and solution rationalization, developing multi-year architecture roadmaps
* Evaluate emerging technologies and the evolution of current technologies to define a future vision roadmap for optimal application of technology to meet business needs
* Provide technical thought leadership
* Drive change, embracing and evangelizing appropriate evolution in IT
* Communicate clearly, strongly and effectively to small and large groups
* Share Enterprise Architecture knowledge with project teams, while exposing project-related architectural issues to the architecture team.
* Mentor technical resources.
* Establish yourself as a trusted technical advisor with key internal and external stakeholders
* Interface as necessary with all critical integration points to insure applications are integrated successfully and efficiently
* Work with the team in an Agile (Scrum or Kanban) environment to ensure a quality product is delivered
* In addition to the above responsibilities, the senior role means an increased level of autonomy is expected as well as expanded/multi-discipline skills are acquired and demonstrated; judgment and decision making are more critical skills, and one would be expected to handle and seek out more complex challenges, assignments, and initiatives.
Five years experience with the following:
* Designing and Developing Enterprise Application Integration services and projects, preferably in a data-centric environment.
* Java SE, Java EE, JMS, XML, XSL, Web Services and other application integration related technologies
* REST, SOAP, UDDI, WS-Security, SOA Governance, Web Service Management tools
* Working knowledge of Linux O/S and Solaris environments
Two years experience with the following:
* Major Hadoop distributions like Cloudera (preferred), HortonWorks, MapR, BigInsights, or Amazon EMR
* Developing within the Hadoop platform including Java MapReduce, Hive, Pig, and Pig UDF.
* Cloud (AWS preferred) Services and Integrations
* Hybrid Architecture Models
* A BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent work experience; MIS preferred.
* NoSQL databases like HBase, Cassandra, Redis and MongoDB
* Mashery API Management
* Drools or other Business Rules Management System solutions
* Certifications from Cloudera, HortonWorks and/or MapR
* Experience with Product Suites such as Sonic ESB, Tibco, WebMethods, WebLogic Integration, or Websphere MQ/ESB.
* Full lifecycle development: from REST services to MapReduce to middle-tier to GUI
* Experience with StreamSets
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience in working in Agile (Scrum/Kanban preferred) models.
Cox Automotive, Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Manheim , Autotrader , Kelley Blue Book , Dealertrack , vAuto , Xtime , NextGear Capital and a host of other brands. The global company has nearly 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises.
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-2002 Summit Blvd
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time