Senior Technical Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFunctional Area: Operations
The Senior Technical Associate, Production Molecular Biology must comprehend and perform scheduled routine bulk formulation production tasks according to established procedures in compliance with applicable regulations, including troubleshooting with assistance.
- Build laboratory skills, knowledge in the use of equipment and basic product knowledge.
- Accurately complete all production-related documentation and labor reports.
- Operate, maintain and calibrate standard laboratory equipment.
- Communicate issues and discrepancies that may affect quality, accuracy and usefulness of data to supervisors.
- May assist in reviewing documentation, writing/updating SOPs/specifications and with corrective actions or process improvements.
- Contribute to and support department/corporate goals.
- Responsible for ensuring on-going compliance to applicable quality and EHS regulations and standards (e.g., ISO, US FDA, MDD, IVDD, EU-PSHA, OSHA, etc.).
- Associate or Bachelors degree or equivalent with 0-2 years of related work experience.
- Able to adapt scientific principles/laboratory skills to a production environment; close supervision required.
- Able to use general laboratory equipment; familiarity with computers and basic MS Office applications.
- Able to plan the use of equipment, materials and personal time efficiently.
- Able to complete production-related documentation accurately and prepare rudimentary technical documentation.
- Able to work safely and effectively in a team environment.
- Organization and attention to detail.
- Able to communicate issues and problems to supervisors.
- Able to quickly change priorities and multi-task while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- May require work with potentially biohazardous and/or chemically hazardous materials.
- The work environment is fast-paced.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Medium work (exerting up to 50 pounds of force).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.